I think this is my last RCI cruise

coaster

Oh, and let’s not forget that RCCL is still the best voted cruise line for what 13 years now?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Voted best cruise line by whom? Surely not by the Berlitz Cruise Guide or most other reliable sources. Dozens of other ships are voted higher than any Royal ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am just tired of Royal now. Booked cruise next month before extra charges for room service was implemented.

Drink prices are lower on HAL and the defunct Fathom line that had drink prices similar to their parent Carnival. Not interested in drink packages as I don't want to drink an excessive amount to 'get my money's worth'. Only drink beer and it would be a stretch to drink $44 worth a beer a day especially on days the ship is in port. Food is decent on Royal, but no better than the competition.

Not trying to be nasty or negative, but I don't understand how Royal charges extra for room service and a higher price for alcoholic drinks than other lines that are in the same mass market segment of the cruise industry.[/quote

Sometimes you just need to take a break from a particular line. I had a particularly bad cruise on Carnival about 8 yrs ago but now I'm ready to go back and try them again. Stay on the boards and good luck!