Tipping Bartenders and Beverage Package

lbrandon

$2 bills have been discussed on CC. Most people recommend not using them. They are so unusual that staff have a hard time spending - often are mistaken for play-type money. Many stores in the US don't take or give you a difficult time. Stick with $1 bills and give two of them if that's what you want to do.

I have worked in retail in different capacities since I’m 17 yrs old. In 40 years I can count the times on one hand that I have come across a $2 bill so I’m inclined to agree with you. Any retailer in the U.S. who refused to accept them are uninformed that they are legal tender and probably need to train their staff better. With that said, I am happy that this person makes a special trip to the bank pre cruise to obtain $2 bills in order to tip the staff extra. There are so many who remove the auto tip let alone tip extra. How do people know that it’s difficult to spend this form of tender? Did a staff member decline the gratuity because it wasn’t an acceptable tender? I doubt it very much. If it came down to it Royal Caribbean could change out the bills which I’m sure they already do with the singles. To the poster who tips in $2 bills than you. You are very thoughtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Iamcruzin

I bring a $100 in ones and probably the same in fives. I like throwing in a five every so often i manage to give em all away during the cruise.

Hubby is a roll off driver. Not necessarily some one who gets tips. But he does get a few each week. It is really appreciated, more for the hey thanks aspect than anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

RCI charges an 18% "gratuities" charge upfront when you buy the package so 18% of $43 is basically $1/drink for 7-8 drinks so if you typically only drink 7-8 drinks & are tipping an extra buck, you are actually tipping $2/drink if you do the math..

A 18% gratuity charge will be added to each package price listed above. Please note: Orders cannot be modified once they're added to your shopping cart. To change an order, you'll need to first cancel the order, and then make your purchase(s) again.

And they disserve every penny of it.

We will be cruising on Royal Caribbean for the first time in Feb. We have only cruised NCL in the past. We always buy the beverage package but also like to give certain bartenders an extra tip from time to time if we get exceptional service. Does RC have you sign for every drink when you have the beverage package so you can add an extra tip for the bartender? Or do we need to bring cash for tips?

I don't want to get into a debate over whether tipping is necessary. We like to do it because we feel we get better service and get to know the bartenders better that way. Just looking for info on how things work on RC with the beverage package.

Just got off the Liberty two weeks ago. Noticed the bartender shorting

Our pours by not even getting I full jigger. Took his name and reported him to service desk. For the price of the package at least be fair with the pour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums