Lonely Planet article: A local's view of a hopeful San Juan

Aviator of the Seas

Very touching. Thank you for posting this.

Keith

Thank you for reading. I cannot utter the words "devastation", or "catastrophe" that are bandied about so much. For sure it was a tough hit, but it's not like we've been swept out to sea or anything even close. We are here, and we want you all to come down and share "life in the tropics" with us.

Thank you for reading. I cannot utter the words "devastation", or "catastrophe" that are bandied about so much. For sure it was a tough hit, but it's not like we've been swept out to sea or anything even close. We are here, and we want you all to come down and share "life in the tropics" with us.

I'm glad P.R. is recovering from this and I have no doubt in my mind that you will recover and become an even stronger nation. I grew up in P.R. (born in the Dominican Republic, currently living in Miami), it brakes my heart seeing all the destruction, but having survived my share of hurricanes (David, Andrew, Wilma, Katrina, lrma, et al), all I can tell you is that I will not change the tropical paradise for anything else. I will be returning to P.R. on November 25th and I'm very excited to visit El Morro again. Brings back memories of my childhood when my father took me and my brother to fly "chiringas" (kites)

Can you tell me if El Morro is open and operating? Thanks

Such beautiful words, I kinda almost cried. Im soooo happy to hear positive thoughts. Too much negativity on CC sometimes. This makes me want to visit San Juan even more!

Thank you!:hearteyes:

Gena

True some people are just hell bent on creating fear and panic. Things are what you make them. We'll be in San Juan this time tomorrow and arriving with a smile on our faces

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Forums mobile app

I'm glad P.R. is recovering from this and I have no doubt in my mind that you will recover and become an even stronger nation. I grew up in P.R. (born in the Dominican Republic' date=' currently living in Miami), it brakes my heart seeing all the destruction, but having survived my share of hurricanes (David, Andrew, Wilma, Katrina, lrma, et al), all I can tell you is that I will not change the tropical paradise for anything else. I will be returning to P.R. on November 25th and I'm very excited to visit El Morro again. Brings back memories of my childhood when my father took me and my brother to fly "chiringas" (kites)

Can you tell me if El Morro is open and operating? Thanks[/quote']

Thank you for your kind words. The San Juan National Historic Site, to include El Morro, should be open by the time you get here. We're trying to get it to open this weekend for our Viking Sea season inaugural!

As of yesterday, the forts are not open.

I am sincerely hopeful for an improved and quicker recovery for San Juan, and all of Puerto Rico.

Hopefully you will have the time to explore the updates included here on CC - and on Trip Advisor. There are several threads for real time/current expectations for Hotels, excursions, restaurants, etc.