Help-Rock of Ages

Julieh40

Following up as promised after our 12 day cruise December 3-15. The actors confirmed the current cast runs through March (Actually early April). And I heard that Rock of Ages is expected to continue, on Breakaway, for some time.

Also, note that standy seating has improved. They seems to know when the show was not sold out or had cancellations and let us in for the additional 3 shows (only one can be reserved) as soon as we showed up. So we made front row all 4 shows.

Hi Bill,

Don't mean to sidetrack the thread but was wondering if you could confirm that second city is now gone? If so did you see any of the standups and how were they?

Thanks!

Joe

Hi Bill,

Don't mean to sidetrack the thread but was wondering if you could confirm that second city is now gone? If so did you see any of the standups and how were they?

Thanks!

Joe

No sidetrack at all. Yes, Second City is gone. There were 3 guys doing standup, under an umbrella called "Levity Comedy". Our understanding is that comedians will rotate on and off at different intervals just like Howl at the Moon's performers and others. Sometimes one week, sometimes for longer. I saw two of them, and they were both quite funny.

I think the only thing you can count on being longer than a week or three is Rock of Ages, Burn the City, and Arvin and Emily, who are actually audioanimatronics permanently installed in the Atrium. Shhh, don't spoil it for anyone.

Following up as promised after our 12 day cruise December 3-15. The actors confirmed the current cast runs through March (Actually early April). And I heard that Rock of Ages is expected to continue, on Breakaway, for some time.

Also, note that standy seating has improved. They seems to know when the show was not sold out or had cancellations and let us in for the additional 3 shows (only one can be reserved) as soon as we showed up. So we made front row all 4 shows.

That is great news. Thanks so much for following up. Looks like we can safely book our March cruise and can get my ROA fix. I've been missing it!

When you are a fan of Broadways Musicals, and love Rock n Roll and comedy, you don't pass up the chance see it multiple times without shelling out $150 per seat per show.

I will gladly take your seat, I know it's not for everyone! Interestingly, there was a couple who were also superfans that attended all 4 shows. We were the only junkies on the last 2 cruises we took on Breakaway.

Having fans like us was a treat for the cast, too, and we fed off each other. They loved that we were active, calling out, singing along, and even doing some of the choreography. The show breaks the "fourth wall" a lot and the 4 of us were frequent targets of their fun. At one point, two characters are sharing a "joint" on stage and they were right above be. They looked down, waved, and then came down to my seat and gave it to em and "lit" it for me. Hilarious.

There is a scene at the beginning in which a character chooses a woman in the front row and he says and mimes some suggestive things. He picked my daughter and then stopped, falling out of character.

"Wait a minute, how old are you?" he demanded.

"18" she answered.

"And who is that next to you?"

"My Dad."

"Dad, cover your eyes."

The second night I wore a T-shirt with the logo of the show's band - "Arsenal." They had never seen that before. They all came forward to talk to me, and even invited me to come up and play the keyboard a moment except I can't play. Super fun.

The drummer has been there for several years, and said he remembered me from the previous 2 trips.

During the shows one of the leads was doing some truly funny and weird stuff. We got to talk to the actors later (they often show up at the last night of Howl at the Moon) and learned that he was doing all those things for our benefit.

During one dance number, a lead character's shoe flew off up into the air in front of him, and he caught it, and slipped it back on, and many people did not even notice. We shouted and pointed when we saw it with a yell of approval. The other actors said they saw us point and yell and could not wait to find out what had happened.

Last year, there is a character who appears "drunk" with a bottle of "vodka" and he falls over and spills it. Usually. In one show he dumped it on my daughter, and in the next he dumped it on me.

Super fun stuff for super fans.

That's so awesome. We too are super fans and actually book the Breakaway just to see the show 4 times in a week. Last year I got to go on stage after a show and meet the cast and take pics etc. It was the highlight of my trip. Loved seeing the cast out of character around the ship and chatting with them. They are always so kind and appreciative of our love for the show...no matter how weird we are about it!