Seriously? No hair appliances?

gordosgone15

Funny that this came up. Today I was in the process of preparing to pack. I was thinking this topic comes up on cc every now and then. Would I cruise without my curling iron? Probably not. I’d chose land vacations. My hair is stick straight. Even when I curl it it doesn’t stay curled long. No, I am not vain. I just want some body and I don’t feel comfortable with out trying to do a little with it. With that being said. I don’t even use a comb or brush. Just my fingers, so obviously I don’t work too hard at it.

Not silly for Choice of hairstyle—I just think it’s silly that someone would cancel a cruise over that! My apologies. Not trying to offend, but I guess vanity has never been a priority for me. I could care less how my hair looked—if I’m enjoying a lovely vacation with people that will never see me again. I know my attitude is not held by my daughters, who spend many wasted hours getting ready for anything. When I retired 2 years ago, I quit make up, also. I feel so free now! But I do understand not everyone has manageable hair. And apologize once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How rude! How ignorant to assume it is vanity that drives some of us to straighten or curl our hair. I am always surprised how many people feel the need to tell others what their priorities should be. Personally i am like an earlier poster said .... picture Monica from Friends right after the braids came out, not pretty. Dry shampoo isn't an option because we snorkel or relax on the beach in every port so I have to shower and wash my hair. Since so many people seem to feel like they need to tell others what their priority should be appearance wise, I feel the need to "overshare". I have Lupus which causes my hair to slowly fall out and while I would love to do a ponytail everyday it makes my hair fall out faster. Plus, sometimes I just want to get dressed up and feel better about myself and for me that involves flat ironing my hair so I don't look like Albert Einstein.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

How rude! How ignorant to assume it is vanity that drives some of us to straighten or curl our hair. I am always surprised how many people feel the need to tell others what their priorities should be. Personally i am like an earlier poster said .... picture Monica from Friends right after the braids came out, not pretty. Dry shampoo isn't an option because we snorkel or relax on the beach in every port so I have to shower and wash my hair. Since so many people seem to feel like they need to tell others what their priority should be appearance wise, I feel the need to "overshare". I have Lupus which causes my hair to slowly fall out and while I would love to do a ponytail everyday it makes my hair fall out faster. Plus, sometimes I just want to get dressed up and feel better about myself and for me that involves flat ironing my hair so I don't look like Albert Einstein.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

Well the good news is that hair straighteners are allowed. So it's kinda moot at this point.

i'm more pissed they don't allow nunchucks or any martial arts items. What am i supposed to do on the Day at Sea??

Well apparently I can’t bring my AR-15 or AK-47 for sea day target practice, either. I feel your pain.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow, it wouldn't bother me at all that's what hats are for! bf104263d62121c3c93bdd0bbb849aa2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree with you. Prefer to be able to use my curling brush but if not then give me a hat! I would rather cruise [emoji568] Love your hat. Where did you get that?

Sent from my SM-T315T using Tapatalk

in most cabins, there is a hair dryer in one of the drawers
We had a decorative hair dryer in our cabin. It never worked. We left several notes with no results. Fortunately DW has an actual hospitality hair dryer, so we were good.

Apparently, the secret is to turn on the TV, find the name of your steward, and contact him or her by a yet undisclosed mechanism. At that point, something may or may not happen.