Last Minute Tgiving cruise - Crown Princess S. Carib or Celebrity Equinox W. Carib

Skygazer

It will be myself and my 5th grader. This is his first cruise, and my second one. My first cruise was years ago on Carnival to the Eastern Caribbean.

Itinerary:

Crown Princess 8 days - Sea, Sea, Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Sea, Sea

Celebrity Equinox 9 days - Key West, Sea, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Belize, Honduras, Grand Cayman, Sea

We have never been to any of these places. The Princess Cruise is cheaper by several hundred dollars, though the cost isn't a huge factor.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, as it's a bit overwhelming since they ALL look wonderful!:D

I do wonder if the Western Carib. ports will be super crowded with all the ships that have been rerouted there from their Eastern Carib itineraries due to the hurricanes. Should I be concerned with that, or is there enough room at the ports for everyone, and we won't feel too crowded in? Will it be difficult to book excursions this late in the game in the Western Carib ports, with all the cruise ships scheduled for this time frame?

Thank you for your help.

if your kid is not into Kid's club onboard, then he might be bored on Princess as there is nothing to do for kids, especially if it rains on a sea day. We loved Bonaire (Lac Bay!!!) and Aruba for the beach and the butterfly farm (but we have 6 year old), and were somewhat disappointed by Curacao (I picked an underwhelming Pirate bay beach).

We've never been on Celebrity, but I understand it's also geared towards adults.

Belize is great if you go on the underground river tubing (loved it! don't go through the cruise), Cozumel is usually boring for us, but we'll try snorkeling this time, Grand Cayman's Stingray city and snorkeling are fantastic; Costa Maya is boring - but you can make it a beach day.

So, depending on what you like doing (active or passive) and how much money you want to spend - it's your choice.

depends on if your child will be bored with 4 sea days or not

There will probably have kids onboard & the kids clubs are good but only if they will go

You know your child best

either one would be fine

The ABC's are more about the beaches