Upgrade email...more than 1?

CharismaticWoman

Will NCL send another upgrade offer as it gets closer to the sale date and there are still a good bit of empty cabins. We'd like to try to bid on an upgrade but feel the starting bid is too high.

Just wondering if they ever send out another email with lower starting bids if they have cabins available.

Will NCL send another upgrade offer as it gets closer to the sale date and there are still a good bit of empty cabins. We'd like to try to bid on an upgrade but feel the starting bid is too high.

Just wondering if they ever send out another email with lower starting bids if they have cabins available.

Actually, based on comments here, lots of people never even got the email. They found it by logging into myncl and found the offer there. I was one of those. In our case, the starting bid to move from 2BR suite to 2BR Haven was $250 each (maybe?).... but later the minimum beid when up to something like $600 each - again, my memory fails me today.

I would GUESS that if they have lots of open cabins and not enough bids, they MIGHT lower the minimum. Wonder what happens if people that already bid higher find out and reduce their bids?

From what I can tell with our upcoming cruise, the prices don't drop. And we have TONS of empty cabins on our ship -- we're the first sailing out of Puerto Rico. As of yesterday, we could still try to bid on an upgrade, but the prices for the categories available to me hadn't dropped since the initial email.

We did receive the email and we received a follow-up (I think last week). But it is also very obvious when you sign into your account on NCL. Of course, if you booked with a travel agent, things may be different for you.