MDR menu thru room service?

39august

I have read that any class of cabin can order room service from the dining room menu. Do we have to call only when the MDR is open, or can we order in advance? For example, if we would like to eat around 6:30 PM, can we order before the dining room actually opens at 6? And what is the average wait time for a dinner order to be delivered?

I'm interested in this as well. We were in a Celebrity Suite on Silhouette this past February and told we could NOT order the MDR menu via room service. But I've seen other posts that seem to imply this was possible.

The MDR menu has been available thru room service on all our cruises. Not sure if you can call ahead & pre-order, never tried.

GW248 is it possible that room service misunderstood and thought you wanted to order dinner from "your assigned dining room" Luminae, which I understand isn't offered.

The MDR menu has been available thru room service on all our cruises. Not sure if you can call ahead & pre-order, never tried.

GW248 is it possible that room service misunderstood and thought you wanted to order dinner from "your assigned dining room" Luminae, which I understand isn't offered.

This has been available from the MDR in all cabins for at least 20 years and covers both lunch and dinner. You can get a menu from your steward and you can call for an oder by calling room service or by ordering from your steward.

The meals are only available from the MDR, you cannot order from Luminae if in a suite or Blu if in Aqua. It all comes from MDR no matter what category.

jelayne - We never tried ordering MDR through room service. We did ask the Michael's concierge and our butler and I thought both said we could not order off the MDR menu through room service, but now I wonder if they though we were asking about Luminae... I'll be back on in December and give it another shot. Thanks for all the info.

jelayne - We never tried ordering MDR through room service. We did ask the Michael's concierge and our butler and I thought both said we could not order off the MDR menu through room service, but now I wonder if they though we were asking about Luminae... I'll be back on in December and give it another shot. Thanks for all the info.

I have done this for two nights on our last cruise on the Equinox! I just went down to the main dinning room and they gave me one of there Menu's which I returned latter that evening. It took about 20 to 30 minutes to receive our order! Hope this helps!

I have done this for two nights on our last cruise on the Equinox! I just went down to the main dinning room and they gave me one of there Menu's which I returned latter that evening. It took about 20 to 30 minutes to receive our order! Hope this helps!

When you went to the dining room to retrieve the menus, did you order then and there, and then they delivered said order to your room?

Or did you take the menus back to your room and order from there? And if yes, whom did you call to place your order? Room service? Your room steward?

What type of cabin were you in? I’m curious if this service is, in fact, available to all cabins.

Thanks,

Harvey

When you went to the dining room to retrieve the menus, did you order then and there, and then they delivered said order to your room?

Or did you take the menus back to your room and order from there? And if yes, whom did you call to place your order? Room service? Your room steward?

What type of cabin were you in? I’m curious if this service is, in fact, available to all cabins.

Thanks,

Harvey

It has been available in all cabin categories for many years. The only issue for non-suites is there is not a formal dining table in the cabin (so eating a large meal can be a bit cumbersome) and the food is all delivered at once (so the entree may become cold while eating appetizers). In suites often (but not always) the butler delivers the food course-by-course and suites (especially Celebrity Suites and above) have ample space for a large meal. In the full suites butlers often even set the dining table in advance of bringing the food (and can also serve the meal on one's balcony).