NCL Gift Card

linedancer1953

Is there anyone who has purchased NCL gift cards? I'm looking at purchasing 3x $500 cards for family members for Christmas but would like to know if anyone has used them or had any problems with them. I have heard that there are dormancy fees on the card which start after the 13th month of no use. Any comments from those who have used them would be appreciated. I'm debating between NCL and Princess so all feedback, suggestions would be appreciated. I also have heard that NCL nickels and dimes a lot of extras so wanting to ensure that my family members get the best bang for buck. Thanks.

Let me tell you a story. We cruise often and our staff bought us gift certificates for Carnival many years ago. We never sailed them again and their money went to waste.

On a related note. My brother cruised on another line once and got their credit card. He went nuts building up points and has never sailed on them again. Points wasted.

Totally make sure they are going to cruise on the line you mention. Also, make sure they are going to spend that much onboard. Some folks can rack up a $1,000 bill in a hurry. We never buy photos, gifts, smokes, tours, bingo, speciality restaurants, etc onboard, so our bill is much less.

We use them every cruise. They have always arrived in 2 to 3 weeks as promised. I don't know about expiration, because we always use them within a few months. It's just a handy way for us to tuck away spending money for the cruise.