Butler Service Question

Beh789149

I usually do a good, bad and ugly review after my cruise, I'll try and remember to put information about the Concierge and ask them if they will be there in March.

THANK YOU! Bruno told my friend in October that he is currently moving ship to ship and was trying to get to the Pearl next, which is why I am particularly curious as to who will be the concierge for our march sailing.

Understood and that makes sense. I don't personally believe people exaggerate the amount they tip...as what would be the value to that? Maybe I am naïve? ;p

It's a weird thing but some posters like to brag about what suites they are in and how generous they are to the crew that work on the ships. I've seen a lot of people exaggerate and caught them "embellishing".

Not sure why they think anyone cares, but hey...it's the internet.

It's a weird thing but some posters like to brag about what suites they are in and how generous they are to the crew that work on the ships. I've seen a lot of people exaggerate and caught them "embellishing".

Not sure why they think anyone cares, but hey...it's the internet.

Interesting. Well, don't count me in that group. lol I just post for information and research. I also try to help others by replying to questions as my way of giving back to this community, :hearteyes:

Interesting. Well, don't count me in that group. lol I just post for information and research. I also try to help others by replying to questions as my way of giving back to this community, :hearteyes:

And I only posted what I tip because Michelle asked me directly. In fact, I posted that I don't usually tip suite stewards, so not sure how that is exaggerating. Unless I actually ask THEM for money. ;)

And I only posted what I tip because Michelle asked me directly. In fact, I posted that I don't usually tip suite stewards, so not sure how that is exaggerating. Unless I actually ask THEM for money. ;)

You are right, I asked directly and I thanked you, and will thank you again for posting. :) THANK YOU :)

Did I say posters were lying in the same post in which you called me a cheapskate? :')

No need to respond to me since I won't see it. Unfortunately, you are the first poster I've chosen to put on my Ignore list. However, before I do so, I wanted you to know why. This is at least the second thread in which you've attempted to engage me without any provocation and it's tiring and a waste of energy.

One of the ironies of this website is the people who have 10,000+ posts are usually the ones who contribute nothing to the knowledge base.

If you read it on the internet it must be true, right? :cool:

I also feel that there are people that exaggerate and some that outright lie. Who are they? I have no idea so I must judge for myself what I feel is true (or at least closer to it). Why would people lie? I don't know but it happens all the time on forums and other social media.

We are on the Jewel next month in Australia. It's our first time on NCL and our first time in a suite. To be specific, we have a two bedroom family suite (non-haven). My question is about the butler service. I've read posts that say something to the effect of " the butler is there to take care of you and to make your life easier". I've also read some posts from more experienced suite guests that recommend making a list of things for your butler ahead of time, so the butler can organize his/her day accordingly.

With all of this in mind, I've compiled a list of things that I think would make our experience great. I'd like to know if I'm asking for too much....not enough. Not really sure what to expect here. There are four of us, two adults and two children (teens).

Unpack

Bubble bath or bath salts in master bath

Pitcher of tea and lemonade in the afternoons

Plate of sweets (cookies etc) and plate of salty treats (chips) in the afternoon. I have two teenage boys!

Vanilla syrup for vanilla lattes

Feather pillows

Chess/Checkers game and two decks of cards in suite

Setup parental controls on the TV (PG-13 or under please!)

Too much?

The above is all doable for the butler. You will find other things as the days pass. I do not like the cream that is in the little packages and ask for the real stuff, also the coffee selection can be changed. I like one, my spouse another. If the butler is really good packing can also be done. All depends on the butler and his back up.