specialty kids dining

krs216

Anyone know if there are also discounted prices for the holiday meals in the specialty restaurants? I prebooked Giovannis for our upcoming cruise for Christmas eve, and the price was $79 pp. I wonder if they will give me a break for my 8 y/o son, as he will not be drinking any champagne...LOL

Anyone know if there are also discounted prices for the holiday meals in the specialty restaurants? I prebooked Giovannis for our upcoming cruise for Christmas eve, and the price was $79 pp. I wonder if they will give me a break for my 8 y/o son, as he will not be drinking any champagne...LOL

I would expect jacked up prices for holiday meals.

If they're going to charge you 3X more to dine there for Christmas, and you prepaid it, I doubt they are giving any discount to anyone unless you price included drinks. They may have a rate for non-drink dinner.

If they're going to charge you 3X more to dine there for Christmas, and you prepaid it, I doubt they are giving any discount to anyone unless you price included drinks. They may have a rate for non-drink dinner.

Yes. This was already paid, but anytime you prebook you pay adult rate for everyone, but they will often refund the difference for children. I was just curious if this was true for these types of events.

The price does include champagne, which we will not be drinking. We do not drink any alcohol at all. But I was not figuring a break for my wife and I for that. I was just wondering if there was a kids rate that they normally charge onboard...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...

Am I the only person that thinks it is ludicrous that Royal Caribbean not only floats our money for months and then only refunds in OBC? On our next family cruise we have 6 grandchildren traveling with us - 5 of which are under 12. Since we have three specialty restaurants booked, that is $430 being held for 7 months!

We, of course will pay it, otherwise, we will not get reservations, but I am not happy about it!

Am I the only person that thinks it is ludicrous that Royal Caribbean not only floats our money for months and then only refunds in OBC? On our next family cruise we have 6 grandchildren traveling with us - 5 of which are under 12. Since we have three specialty restaurants booked, that is $430 being held for 7 months!

We, of course will pay it, otherwise, we will not get reservations, but I am not happy about it!

Any pre-cruise purchase can be cancelled up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund to the credit card that was used for the purchases.

With only one exception - our Harmony cruise, we have never had trouble booking any specialty restaurant while on board. If you have a very large party, it might be advisable to book ahead. But we are three people, and can almost always get the days and times that we want.

Incidentally, Giovanni’s refunded our son’s meal for Christmas Eve. It looked like a full refund, but I would have to check the bill to be sure.

Any pre-cruise purchase can be cancelled up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund to the credit card that was used for the purchases.

Thank you. I was aware of the cancellation policy - I am referring to pre-paying unnecessarily and only receiving a credit at the time of the dinner. After all, the cruise line knows exactly how old the children are when the reservation is made.

Only my opinion, but I think it is a terrible practice.

Thank you. I was aware of the cancellation policy - I am referring to pre-paying unnecessarily and only receiving a credit at the time of the dinner. After all, the cruise line knows exactly how old the children are when the reservation is made.

Only my opinion, but I think it is a terrible practice.

Whether a guest pays the children's price or adult price technically depends on whether they order from the child's menu or the adult menu, which is not known until the time of the dinner. So it is correct that the system is programmed to RC's advantage, they want as much money as they can get as soon as possible, but it's not as if they are 100% sure that each child will be charged the child's price. In reality, most report that they pay the children's price no matter what the child orders, but that's a local ship policy, not a corporate policy, and it's corporate that decides the pre-cruise pricing structure.

• 11 months later...
5 minutes ago, RunAwayShip said:

Hi Bob - is the children's price still the same for the holiday cruise on the Harmony of the Seas?

Thanks!

I'll leave this for Ken as he has extensive experience on holiday cruises with children.