Review of our Day in Cap Cana (Punta Cana)

AryMay

I just finished a long blog post covering our port day in Cap Cana during our HAL Nieuw Amsterdam cruise. You can find the post by clicking this link: Cap Cana Review

This port was a replacement on our itinerary after the hurricane damage in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We booked the Outback Adventure tour through HAL. I tried to book the same tour independently, but because the company has a contract with the cruiseline I was forced to book through the ship. On a positive note, I was able to take advantage of HAL's 110% price difference guarantee since their price was higher. (I got 110% of the price difference in OBC so basically the tour was slightly cheaper than if I had booked on my own.)

The tour itself was excellent, but between the time I booked it online and the day we visited, HAL had changed the description somewhat and shortened the tour from 8 hours to 5.5 hours. Therefore it wasn't really the "same" tour that I thought we were getting. The whole day just felt a little rushed. I believe ours was the first tour booked through HAL with the Outback Safari company so they didn't have the kinks worked out yet.

Any questions on the tour? I would be happy to try and help. I think Cap Cana is definitely one stop where you would want to do have some type of excursion planned...and this tour would be a good choice!

Our replacement port for St. Thomas was also in the DR...Amber Cove. I'm working on the blog post for that but I can tell you I was not happy there. (HAL's problem, not necessarily the port.) The post should be done soon...

Thanks for your interesting report. Did you notice if there were restrooms in the area of the port that you tender to?

Yes, there were restrooms. They were located as you walk out of the port area. I know because I had to make a quick stop before our tour. :-)

• 1 month later...
I just finished a long blog post covering our port day in Cap Cana during our HAL Nieuw Amsterdam cruise. You can find the post by clicking this link: Cap Cana Review

This port was a replacement on our itinerary after the hurricane damage in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We booked the Outback Adventure tour through HAL. I tried to book the same tour independently, but because the company has a contract with the cruiseline I was forced to book through the ship. On a positive note, I was able to take advantage of HAL's 110% price difference guarantee since their price was higher. (I got 110% of the price difference in OBC so basically the tour was slightly cheaper than if I had booked on my own.)

The tour itself was excellent, but between the time I booked it online and the day we visited, HAL had changed the description somewhat and shortened the tour from 8 hours to 5.5 hours. Therefore it wasn't really the "same" tour that I thought we were getting. The whole day just felt a little rushed. I believe ours was the first tour booked through HAL with the Outback Safari company so they didn't have the kinks worked out yet.

Any questions on the tour? I would be happy to try and help. I think Cap Cana is definitely one stop where you would want to do have some type of excursion planned...and this tour would be a good choice!

Our replacement port for St. Thomas was also in the DR...Amber Cove. I'm working on the blog post for that but I can tell you I was not happy there. (HAL's problem, not necessarily the port.) The post should be done soon...

Amber cove review?

Amber cove review?

Here is the link to the blog post from Amber Cove: https://mysouvenirmemories.blogspot.com/2017/11/wednesday-day-4-amber-cove-dominican.html

I doubt the post will be very helpful, however. The day did NOT turn out as we had planned. :(

I also put together a video with the highlights of the cruise...basically the "movie version" of my blog! ;) Here is the link: