deluxe beverage package - tips extra?

Are gratuities added on to the cost of the deluxe beverage package? I'm just wondering if 18% per drink ordered ends up on the shipboard account. I was once a bartender and tip generously; no issue with that. I just want to be able to do the math so I know about what to expect on my account at the end of the cruise. Thank you for your responses.

By the way, what mystifies me a little is this "fine print" from RCI's website about the deluxe beverage package: (on "some sailings"?!)

"Price is per person, per day unless otherwisenoted, reflects any promotional savings, and is subject to change withoutnotice. On certain sailings, gratuities and taxes are additional and will beapplied at check-out."

That fine print is because for those who book in Australia (or with an Australian company) the price advertised must include all non-optional fees, like the gratuities.

When you add it to your cart and go to check out, you'll see the full price including the gratuities.

Are gratuities added on to the cost of the deluxe beverage package? I'm just wondering if 18% per drink ordered ends up on the shipboard account. I was once a bartender and tip generously; no issue with that. I just want to be able to do the math so I know about what to expect on my account at the end of the cruise. Thank you for your responses.

By the way, what mystifies me a little is this "fine print" from RCI's website about the deluxe beverage package: (on "some sailings"?!)

"Price is per person, per day unless otherwisenoted, reflects any promotional savings, and is subject to change withoutnotice. On certain sailings, gratuities and taxes are additional and will beapplied at check-out."

Two items:

1. Tips are added always to your receipt, either pre-cruise or during you cruise. You do not need to tip extra. The tips are added because RCCL is an international destination, and many countries do not tip the same way, and so this helps those to understand how it works.

2. Disclaimers are there because on some sailings, the cost of a package must be all inclusive including the tip or service charge and taxes. The package prices are priced differently.

Yes tip is included and $45 is a great price. I would jump on that When you order a drink you will get a receipt to sign. There is a line for extra tip. I always add a $1.00, you don't have to, but the $1.00 will hit your account so you can keep track of the number of drinks you had over the course of the cruise. The bar tenders really appreciate it and it goes to them directly. The 18% is pooled and shared. Plus you get much better service. I would walk up to a busy bar and the bar tender would see me coming and have my beer ready. Have fun

Yes tip is included and $45 is a great price. I would jump on that When you order a drink you will get a receipt to sign. There is a line for extra tip. I always add a $1.00, you don't have to, but the $1.00 will hit your account so you can keep track of the number of drinks you had over the course of the cruise. The bar tenders really appreciate it and it goes to them directly. The 18% is pooled and shared. Plus you get much better service. I would walk up to a busy bar and the bar tender would see me coming and have my beer ready. Have fun

In the US, the price in the Cruise Planner is per day price and doesn’t include gratuities. They are added upon checkout (18%).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Two items:

1. Tips are added always to your receipt, either pre-cruise or during you cruise. You do not need to tip extra. The tips are added because RCCL is an international destination, and many countries do not tip the same way, and so this helps those to understand how it works.

2. Disclaimers are there because on some sailings, the cost of a package must be all inclusive including the tip or service charge and taxes. The package prices are priced differently.

Although gratuities are included in drink prices, the crew would certainly appreciate an extra $1 or more cash tip. Generally, they will remember you of you plan to frequent that bar often.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums