Booked first Royal cruise and have questions

trvlgirlmq

So after 6 (almost 7) Carnival cruises we have booked our first Royal cruise for 2019. We will be on Brilliance of the Seas for a British Isles cruise. I have read the Royal boards for some time as we have looked at sailing this line in the past so I have some knowledge of the ship and how everything works.

A couple of things I can't figure out or could not find a definitive answer:

1. In the cruise planner there is an option in a drop down menu about having the main beds together or apart. I have tried to select the apart and save but it does not seem to want to save. Do I need to call to have this added or is it too early for this selection to take place?

2. We might not have the best weather sailing so far North in June. If the temperatures are chilly or rainy is the Solarium pool opened to all? What outside temperature or weather will decide this if it is possible? I have 2 teens and want to be prepared to tell them if they will be able to swim at all on this trip.

I'm sure as I plan over the next 18 months I will have more questions and appreciate any assistance or feedback that is given.

Don't worry about the bed selection. They are usually together on the ship and if you don't want it that way, tell the stateroom attendant, and it will be fixed between dinner and bedtime.

Solarium is for 16 and over. If the weather is too cold for the outside pools, they will normally open the solarium for younger children, but only for selected hours, not all day.

Thank you. I will have to fudge the age because I will have one 16 year old and one 14 year old and it wouldn't be fair if one could swim the whole cruise and one could not.

Do you know how to find the roll call section for that cruise? Brilliance has a lot of fans that sail repeatedly, you may find lots of good information there.

Thank you. I will have to fudge the age because I will have one 16 year old and one 14 year old and it wouldn't be fair if one could swim the whole cruise and one could not.

Brilliance is one of RC's smaller ships. There isn't a whole lot of room for swimming, especially in the Solarium, so I wouldn't worry about it. Your older child will be just bobbing up and down not really swimming!