Experience booking air through Uniworld?

bubbulz

We always book our own airfare to Europe, flying in Business Class and typically on Swiss and/or Lufthansa via ZRH or MUC. I like having the control over our booking and choice of seats, etc. That said, I'm considering booking through Uniworld this time around if there's a major cost advantage (absent a current promotion). It's too early to get a quote from them at this point, but I'm interested in what others' experiences have been, particularly flying in Business or First - both in terms of cost and any other factors. If there's not a major cost advantage I'll probably just track flight prices until I see them drop again. Thanks.

If one books flights independently from Uniworld does the Company provide free transfers?

I recently booked my first cruise, Rhine/Moselle, with Uniworld for September next year, and opted for flights to be included with corresponding included transfers.

The business class fare quoted by Uniworld was in fact that quoted by the airline on it's website.

If one books flights independently from Uniworld does the Company provide free transfers?

I recently booked my first cruise, Rhine/Moselle, with Uniworld for September next year, and opted for flights to be included with corresponding included transfers.

The business class fare quoted by Uniworld was in fact that quoted by the airline on it's website.

Thanks for the info. We usually spend a few days on land pre- and post-trip, but Uniworld provided a transfer for us to the train station at the end of the trip. This time around we’ll start in Budapest but will already be there (on our own) so we’ll take a cab or make our own way to the ship. At the end we’ll be picked up by a private driver and head to Cesky Krumlov and Prague for several days. So transfers aren’t really a consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have made our own air arrangements and we have also let Uniworld do it. It all depended on what worked out as the best value at the time.

Check out flights on line and determine which ones you want...flight #s and airlines. Know what they would cost . Then check with your Uniworld rep. Sometimes they can do better, sometimes they can't. It all depends on the discounter's inventory.

Even if you go for your own booked flights if you let them know what flight you are going in on, they will have someone meet you at the airport. But not if you are flying in days in advance. 😉

RB

Yep, that’s what I figured we’d do. Although the flights are available via the airlines now, Uniworld won’t have their contract rates for another month or so. Same thing with AmEx - which as of now looks like it offers the best prices with about 10% discounts.

Only anecdotal, but I have never found Uniworld competitive on BC flights. They have contracted prices, and I’ve always caught sales at below their rates.

Transfers: I have flown in up to three days early for cruises and allowed Uniworld to book me at the hotel they are using for the cruise. Their hotel prices have typically been better than what I could book online for. By booking the hotel room via Uniworld, they have always picked us up at the airport gratis. Only catch in doing so is that Uniworld’s corporate discount rate with the hotel is often below the level the hotel will give you award credit. So while Marriott or Westin May recognize your status when checking in, they may not (will not) give you nights credit for those nights, even the extra ones. Therefore, one must decide if the hotel award points and nights credit are more important or the free transfers. Personal decisions.

Thanks for the info. We have our hotels in Budapest and Prague already picked out and reserved, even down to the specific rooms that we want, so we are pretty much set in that regard. Good to know for the future that it’s worth checking with them on their rates. I will keep watching for airfare sales.