Just off Nieuw Amsterdam

mamaofami

Were the veranda cabins refurbished- new carpeting and furniture? Fingers crossed. Thanks for the review!

Upcoming Cruises:

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=luv4cruises&date=3-17-2018&text=B2B%20love%20the%20Caribbean%20waters!&ship=Nieuw%20Amsterdam[

9/14/18 Equinox S. Caribbean

11/25/18 Regal Princess B2B Caribbean

1/4/19 Reflection Reflection. S.Caribbean

2/17/19 Allure of the Seas W. Caribbean

10/4/19. Equinox S. Caribbean

1/12/20 Allure of Seas Caribbean

Past Cruises: 7/06 Alaska Oosterdam,

2/07 Westerdam E Caribbean.

7/07 Paul Gauguin Tahiti.

2/08 Oosterdam Mexico

4/08 RCI Liberty W. Caribbean,

7/08 Caribbean Princess E. Caribbean,

2/09 RCI Voyager W. Caribbean,

4/09 Eurodam E. Caribbean,

6/09 Carnival Splendor Mexico,

9/09 Ruby Princess Grand Med,

1/10 Noordam S. Caribbean,

6/10 Golden Princess Alaska,

9/10 Carnival Splendor Mexico,

3/11 Noordam S. Caribbean,

8/11 Carnival Splendor- Mexico,

11/11 Eurodam-E. Caribbean,

1/12 Ocean Princess- Tahiti.

5/12 Carnival Liberty W. Caribbean

10/12 Carnival Splendor Mexico

11/12 Eurodam. E. Caribbean

2/13 Celebrity Eclipse S. Caribbean,

4/13 Emerald Princess S. Caribbean,

8/13 Carnival Breeze W.Caribbean,

8/13 Oasis of the Seas W.Caribbean

12/13 Nieuw Amsterdam W./E.Caribbean

1/14 Sapphire Princess California Coastal

4/14 Celebrity Eclipse S. Caribbean

8/14 Freedom of The Seas W.Caribbean

11/14 Royal Princess S. Caribbean

2/15 Celebrity Eclipse S.Caribbean

5/15 Navigator of The Seas W.Caribbean

9/15 Oasis of the Seas W.Caribbean

11/15 Celebrity Equinox Panama Canal

4/16 Celebrity Eclipse S.Caribbean

5/16 Allure of the Seas W.Caribbean

9/16 Crown Princess Mexico

11/16 Regal E,W Caribbean

3/17 Koningsdam S. Caribbean

5/17 RCI LibertyW. Caribbean

9/17 Equinox S. Caribbean

11/17 Eclipse S. Caribbean

Were the veranda cabins refurbished- new carpeting and furniture? Fingers crossed. Thanks for the review!
I doubt it very much, given the length of the dry dock and the extensive work done in public areas and the suites. I do not know this for sure, but I would be surprised to hear that they worked on all cabins.

While I appreciate the snapshot provided, I think it'll be great when we can get some really high quality digital photos of the rehab'ed spaces, and perhaps even some YouTube videos from passengers who cruise on NA after the dry dock, as well.

While I appreciate the snapshot provided, I think it'll be great when we can get some really high quality digital photos of the rehab'ed spaces, and perhaps even some YouTube videos from passengers who cruise on NA after the dry dock, as well.
Agreed. Looking forward to some more in-depth analysis of the dry dock. I suspect those on this 3-days cruise just didn't have enough time to observe things closely or in great detail. I'm sure the coming 7-day itineraries will provide more photographs and discussion.

Hi! Just got off the NA yesterday and can provide some clarity. It was my first HAL cruise though, so I have no frame of reference for any changes made.

There is still a revolving NYC skyline chandelier in the atrium, but no staircase.

The Crow's Nest (Deck 11 forward, but I think that's what it was previously) has been replaced with Explorations Central. As I'm not one for sunbathing, I spend a lot of time up here and loved it! Yes, there is a desk for excursions, but there are also interactive tabletops (touchscreen maps) with information about the ports of call and various things to do there. There is an Explorations Cafe that serves coffee/tea mostly, but also wine, beer, and champagne. They don't have a full bar. Lots of bookshelves around with many interesting titles, and several cupboards of brand new board games and puzzles. They have plenty of chairs and tables of varying styles/comfort levels, including two beautiful suede gaming tables that I loved.

Most of my evenings were spent at Billboard Onboard, and I can't say enough good things about this. Will and Ivy are a match made in heaven, and so lovely to talk to. This is Ivy's first contract, and Will's third. You can tell that she is new and he is more experienced, but they are both incredibly talented and I'd recommend them to anyone sailing on NA in the next few months.

I don't have a ton of pictures, but I made a point to visit every area of the ship so I should be able to answer most other questions.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Forums