Any restaurant suggestions for lunch?

brookie848

We've decided that we are not going to plan anything in Grand Cayman this time and are just going to walk around the port area and do some shopping.

Does anyone have any restaurants they could recommend for lunch/snacks? It will be a group of three adults, one of which does not eat meat, but will eat seafood.

We're looking for something in the port area or a short distance away.

Thanks!

Guy Harvey has a studio on GC and above it runs a very nice restaurant .... at night has QUITE the fresh seafood spread but not bad for lunch either. They have a second floor veranda area with a nice view out to the port or inside seating with a/c. On my week long stays I eat here at least twice for dinner .... http://www.guyharveysgrill.com/ .... it is on the north edge of the main shopping area

If willing to venture a little, about 1/2 mile north from GH is Sunset House, a dive resort ... one of the first dive hotels on the island ... and here you'll find 'My Bar' which is considered by many and some 'official reviewers' one of if not the best bar on the island. It is a large thatch roof building now with many tables and right at the water's edge. This is where many of the residents come for lunch on ship visit days as it is just far enuf out from town that FEW if any cruisers come to visit .... iow doubtful you'll run into other cruise folks (altho CREW know this place ....)

http://www.sunsethouse.com/resort/seaharvest-and-my-bar.htm

http://www.whatshot.ky/2014/09/sunset-house-my-bar-a-legendary-local-favorite/

it is walkable or a very short taxi ride ... every taxi driver knows My Bar ... trust me

no association with either place ... just places I go when I'm there. First Cayman visit was a week of diving in 1984

btw ... if you look at the menus .... do know that the prices are in CI .... NOT US ..... so to get the US price ADD 20% (CI to US price is fixed) ..... and then add tip altho be CAREFUL here too cuz many places will AUTOMATICALLY add the tip for a CC transaction .....

Guy Harvey Island Grill offers nice seafood with a second story patio that overlooks the water. They are a short walk just past the Hard Rock Cafe.

Rackham's also has a great waterfront view and is a frequently mentioned favorite here on Cruise Critic. You have the option to buy your preferred fish at the fish market on the beach next door and Rackham's will cook it to your liking. But you could just go with one of their regular seafood menu items for that member of you party. Located at 93 North Church St, Rackham's is a short walk to the north of the Royal Watler cruise terminal.

Edited by drew sailbum
add link

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. We visited the Guy Harvey studio the last time we were there, so we know where the restaurant is located. We'll take a look at the other places mentioned as well.

And thanks for the reminder about Cayman dollars. I'll make my husband do the math! ;p

We walked from the pier to Singh’s Roti Shop last year. The food was caribbean/roti sandwiches & meals, and our family enjoyed it. It is NOT fancy by any means. There are TVs, a small bar, small kitchen type tables & chairs...just a local place. My sons & I got roti, while my husband ordered a 1/4 caribbean bbq chicken meal that was outstanding. We all ordered the Caribbean favorite drink, Ting, to drink. After lunch, we just walked back to the pier area. We’d do it again in a heartbeat. Check it out on TripAdvisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums