Where to shop in Cozumel?

The Babels

We are taking our first cruise later this month (Carnival Glory sailing 1/27) and have reservations for Mr Sancho's for our day in Cozumel. My wife is going to want to do some shopping at some point in the day and wonder what our best options are. Can she get her fill right at the terminal or should we take a cab into town? If we do go downtown is there anywhere in particular to go or do you just tell the driver what you are looking to do? She just wants souvenirs and clothes and stuff like that. She saw a video with a street lined with colorful shops and now I'm stuck going shopping 😕. Just trying to find a place where we can wander for an hour or so and she can get her fill and then we can head to Sancho's and I can get mine. 😋 Any help is appreciated. Thanks

There is shopping on the piers - there are three cruise ship piers on Cozumel - plus there is some shopping at Mr. Sanchos, and finally you can taxi from Sanchos to downtown for even more shopping, although shopping after a day of all-inclusive drinks can wind up being an expensive experience :eek:

Downtown is fantastic...lots of shops, just get off the main road (most shops owned by cruise lines), and wander all the little streets. Literally hundreds of shops and food places, haggle prices, have fun.

Go to Wet Wendy's and have a gigantic frozen margarita, too.

2015Aug_Glory_Coz754-L.jpg

There are a lot of little shops right around both the Puerta Maya (I think Carnival uses this pier, it is quite nice) and the International piers, plenty of souvenirs and clothing. Downtown has more jewelry stores if you are in the market for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are a lot of little shops right around both the Puerta Maya (I think Carnival uses this pier, it is quite nice) and the International piers, plenty of souvenirs and clothing. Downtown has more jewelry stores if you are in the market for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Downtown: the jewelry stores are mostly along the main drag (on the waterfront). Side streets have everything else, including the main square area.

There are a lot of little shops right around both the Puerta Maya (I think Carnival uses this pier, it is quite nice) and the International piers, plenty of souvenirs and clothing. Downtown has more jewelry stores if you are in the market for that. Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Downtown: the jewelry stores are mostly along the main drag (on the waterfront). Side streets have everything else, including the main square area.