12 year olds in Entourage?

ChristinaN

I just noticed this on the NCL FAQs...

If a 12-year-old is registered for Splash Academy, it is understood that 12-year-olds need special attention and programs; therefore the Dolphins Youth Counselors offer more mature games/theme nights and schedule Entourage Take-Overs allowing the Dolphins to enjoy the lounge, video games, air hockey, foosball, music videos and much more.

In addition, whether registered for Splash Academy or not, the 12 year olds are invited to attend some of the Teen Counselor hosted activities* that take place outside of the Entourage Teen Lounge.

*These activities are not part of the Dolphin drop off program and the 12 year olds can come and go as they please. Please check with the Teen Counselor for activities and time slots. The schedule may vary per ship and itinerary.

Has anyone had any experience with 12 years olds in Entourage? I will have a 12 year old and a 13 year old on our upcoming cruise (also an 11 year old) and I know that it is unlikely that they will go to the kids club but the 12 year old might go to Entourage with his older brother if he has the option.

I’ve never seen that, I’ve had kids in the 10 - 12 year old program and have never heard of it happening. I think I’ve heard of the counselors bringing them to the teen club when the teens weren’t there.
On the Escape they did take the 10-12 year old to the teen club in the morning. I believe mainly because it was dead as most teens sleep in. Only saw the 10-12 years in there at that time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

They always offer a takeover by the 10-12 group, but they head there as a group as part of the Dolphins when Entourage is closed to teens. Your 12 year old will absolutely not be able to join your 13 year old. They are very strict about this.

Thanks everyone. After the number of the cruises that we’ve been on, I understand that they are strict about ages but their own information was very vague. It also seems to be saying that if your 12 year old is registered for the Club then it is because they need ‘additional’ supervision. The wording is very odd. I would assume that most children attending the kids club would be doing it to meet friends rather than because they need extra supervision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. After the number of the cruises that we’ve been on, I understand that they are strict about ages but their own information was very vague. It also seems to be saying that if your 12 year old is registered for the Club then it is because they need ‘additional’ supervision. The wording is very odd. I would assume that most children attending the kids club would be doing it to meet friends rather than because they need extra supervision.

People attend the kids club for a gazillion different reasons. My son didn't attend for either of those that you mentioned.

On our Escape cruise I happened to notice they did have one joint event, a sports event where they paired up 1/2 of each group for kind of an olympics (noticed when I was doing ship photos). Counselors from both groups were there, and this may be something that particular staff did. Looked like they were having fun. But other than specific events, no crossover I can see on general schedules.