Alcohol package ( sorry again )

ok currently for my sailing mariner of the seas for 4 nights out of Miami the alcohol package is $50 supposed to be 30% off ( plus service on top )

I'm trying to decide if this is worth it for me ( my decision I know )

I realise that this price could go up or down ( down would be good :D)

If the price never goes down is $50 a good price? What are people generally paying ?

Decisions .. Decisions ...

Question is "Are you going to use it?"

You need to drink around 5-7 drinks a day on it to break even (dependant on the drinks, i.e cocktails instead of a glass of coke)

How much time are you ashore? As time spent exploring, means time you are not drinking. Seadays is where you can make up the difference.

With 30% off, this deal will only be repeated later in the year, not beaten, if past experiences are anything to go by.

$50 is a good price,I paid $45 5 years ago and it didnt include the coffee water fresh juice or endless soda cup.

My package was around $48us (I am in Australia) 2 months ago and now it is $58us 12 days from sailing. so yes $50 is a good price in my opinion given I am now going to pay a couple of hundred more on a 10 night cruise for 2

Another way to look at it is, if you are planning on getting the refreshment bev package anyway, just calculate the difference in price to upgrade to the Deluxe Bev PKG. That reduces the amount of alcoholic drinks to break even to about 3 or 4 per day (Maybe less). Very easy to do even for a light casual drinker.

dp

ok currently for my sailing mariner of the seas for 4 nights out of Miami the alcohol package is $50 supposed to be 30% off ( plus service on top )

I'm trying to decide if this is worth it for me ( my decision I know )

I realise that this price could go up or down ( down would be good :D)

If the price never goes down is $50 a good price? What are people generally paying ?

Decisions .. Decisions ...

I've seen the price go as low as $38, but most often around $44.

If it was $44 I would definitely go for it but then while it is a saving its $24 plus service over 4 days .. What's is that a couple of drinks which makes me wonder if it's worth just booking now . :confused:

I already have refreshment package which I can cancel but I got that for $18 plus fees in sale

Out of the 4 days 2 are excursion days but 1 is at coco cay , am I right in thinking I can use the package here ?

If it was $44 I would definitely go for it but then while it is a saving its $24 plus service over 4 days .. What's is that a couple of drinks which makes me wonder if it's worth just booking now . :confused:

I already have refreshment package which I can cancel but I got that for $18 plus fees in sale

Out of the 4 days 2 are excursion days but 1 is at coco cay , am I right in thinking I can use the package here ?

Yes you can use your package on CocoCay.

dp

Even at $50, If you cancel your refreshment to add the Deluxe, the difference including service fees is just under $38. Average $10 per drink and it is less than 4 drinks per day the break even. If it comes on sale at a better price before your cruise, just cancel the $50 package and re-purchase at the better price.

dp

That reduces the amount of alcoholic drinks to break even to about 3 or 4 per day (Maybe less). Very easy to do even for a light casual drinker.dp

WOW! I'm a light, casual drinker. That's how much I'd drink in a week.

As am I...at home. However, while on a tropical vacation, I like to have 1 - 2 fruity cocktails by the pool during the day ($12 - $15 each including tip), 1 - 2 glasses of wine around dinner time ($10 - $16 each) and 1 - 2 cocktails in the evening ($10 - $12). So, if I were to do just one of each of the above, I will have spent $43.00 each day. Plus, I still drink a lot of water, tea and some soda. That comes out to a decent value.

On holiday I usually have a couple of glasses of wine with my eve meal maybe a beer / cocktail in the day and maybe another 1 after dinner so that’s 4 drinks .. but if I had the package I’d probably try and slot a few more in :'):')

As am I...at home. However, while on a tropical vacation, I like to have 1 - 2 fruity cocktails by the pool during the day ($12 - $15 each including tip), 1 - 2 glasses of wine around dinner time ($10 - $16 each) and 1 - 2 cocktails in the evening ($10 - $12). So, if I were to do just one of each of the above, I will have spent $43.00 each day. Plus, I still drink a lot of water, tea and some soda. That comes out to a decent value.

I remember those days - ROFL. In the 70'ies. If I did that today, I'd end up in the infirmary. (Old-ish, female, and light weight)

I can see why you'd get the package. The refreshment package, OTOH, that's the one for me. I lurve my speciality coffees.

Well, in a vacation environment,, I'm sure you could do it ;p

I'm not sure how the Drinking levels are named:

Non-drinker

Occasional

Light

Light-Casual

Casual

Steady-Casual

Heavy Drinker

Liver Transplant Candidate

Is that about how it goes? :D

dp

Well, in a vacation environment,, I'm sure you could do it ;p

I'm not sure how the Drinking levels are named:

Non-drinker

Occasional

Light

Light-Casual

Casual

Steady-Casual

Heavy Drinker

Liver Transplant Candidate

Is that about how it goes? :D

dp

OK - I guess I'm occasional, then :)

Keep in mind that it sometimes depends on the itinerary and time in ports. If you have a lot of days at sea, it might be worth it. If you plan to spend a lot of time in the ports, you might not be drinking that much per day. Also, you can bring two bottles of wine on board. For us, we get the two bottles to bring on board, plus a bottle from the cruise line. We also have 3 hours in the Diamond lounge or 3 drinks on our SeaPass card each night. Doing the math, plus the fact that with my medications, I can't drink a lot so not sure I would really get my money's worth. Others in my party will be getting the package.