"Live" From the Jewel of the Seas 01-08-06

Radio

radio...first let me say thank you! i am the group leader for the jewel on april22, 2006 and one of my cruisers passed your thread on to me. my group is excited about this cruise, but reading your thread and looking at your pics made us all that more excited!!!!!!!!! i was on the brilliance last year for the panama canal 10 day cruise and just loved that ship! we also sailed on the voyager class ships and i really like the radiance class better. although i was taken in by the promenade and the inside views from the atrium cabins, i just like the ambiance of the slightly smaller ships.

you photos were amazing! if i thought for a second that i could take photos like you, i might try to do a "live from" as well.

i'm taking along my laptop and the info you gave me about the wifi connection will make it easier for me to use it. last year, i was going to buy the in cabin connection, but my purser told me that the connection was sooo slow, i'd be beter off using the cafe computers. now that i know i can rent a wifi card, or maybe use my own wifi card, i'll be much happier.

i'm taking my mom on this cruise, it's her very first time. i am delighted to see just how beautiful the jewel is and i know that she will be totally blown away!

i do have a question...i have always been mid ship on all of my cruises and this time i have been given cabin number 1502, which is very near the front over the bridge on deck 10. i have never, ever felt any movement. does anyone know if i will in the location i have? i'm not concerned about myself, but i am concerned abut my mom. she's 84 yrs old and is prone to sea sickness. i'm getting the patches for her just to be sure.

also...were there horseraces on deck? i heard that they were no longer doing that and that would be a shame. they were so much fun!

i'm going to try and do a "live from" in april...now you have gotten me hooked mark! the only reason i wouldn't do one, is because i was just too busy having fun! tee hee....i hope i can say that!!!

anyway, thank you for amp-ing my excitement level!!! we made final payment just yesterday and are SO good to go!!! keep up the great work mark!!! you rock!!!!!!!!!

I think that you wil love the Jewel...I too have loved the Voyager Class ships....But I thing the Radiance Class vessels are very beautiful as well.

I would buy a Wi Fi card...they are very inexpensive to buy...

I think it would be great for you to to Host a "Live" from the Jewel posting.

If you want , I can walk you through how to post your cruise images on Cruise Critic as part of your "Live" posts.....

Have a great cruise !

Radio

;) ;)

Radio

Sure would like info on how to post pics while at sea. I'm going in a few weeks on the Explorer, and would like to be able to post my pictures. I am bringing my laptop and have wifi set up.

Can they be added as attachments? or do they need to be hosted on a website first? Please help when you get a chance.

Thanks so much, Pat

Radio

Sure would like info on how to post pics while at sea. I'm going in a few weeks on the Explorer, and would like to be able to post my pictures. I am bringing my laptop and have wifi set up.

Can they be added as attachments? or do they need to be hosted on a website first? Please help when you get a chance.

Thanks so much, Pat

They must be added to a Website first...then can be posted for all Cruise Critic readers to see. I don't think that Webshots will work. You must paste the address of the image in the >Insert Image< icon at the top of the edit screen. I post all of my images to Club Photo.

Radio

;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the advice on that...i use photobucket so i can upload them there and then get them onto the cc boards...cool! i'll do it..stay tuned...80 sleeps and a wakeup and i'll be right here posting away!!!

thanks radio for the inspiration!!!

Archived