"Live" From the Jewel of the Seas 01-08-06

Radio

Mark, I've read every word and have enjoyed this thread so much! We hope to do a "live from the Baltics" when we go in July so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am so looking forward to our sail on the Jewel. If she's anything like the Brilliance and the Radiance then you're looking at a happy cruiser.:D

Thanks!

Garry

Hi Garry.... I hope you do a "Live" from the Brilliance... I just learned from Bob (gkm) that a cut and past method is easy to do. I did just that on a few of my posts near the end. It was embarrasing to read all of my spelling errors.....oooops

If you want I can walk you through on how to post Pics with your live reports...

Hey Garry...dob't you owe me a Martini ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Radio

Radio- that was thoroughly enjoyable to read! Thank you for sharing your vacation with us online. We're currently booked for the Jewel in August and can't wait to get back to those unbelievable billiards tables. (We heard they were $90k each!)

Sim Baker is one of our favorites - we had him as an ACD on the Radiance 2 years back. Did he mention if he was staying on the JOS?

He said that he would be leaving at the end of the month for Sovereign.

He is just covering for the normal Jewel CD....

Thanks for the comments...

Radio

;) ;)

crepes? Yum! Where? And don't forget the billiards tables!

Crepes are served in the Solarium Grill. They offer Chocolate, Caramel, Ham and Cheese.

They also offer other unique snacks that are exclusive to the Solarium Grill. I will post a menu when I return...

Radio

;)

Hi Garry.... I hope you do a "Live" from the Brilliance... I just learned from Bob (gkm) that a cut and past method is easy to do. I did just that on a few of my posts near the end. It was embarrasing to read all of my spelling errors.....oooops

If you want I can walk you through on how to post Pics with your live reports...

Hey Garry...dob't you owe me a Martini ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Radio

We'll be following in your footsteps and doing a "live" on the Jewel. And yes, yes, yes!!! I would love some assistance in posting my Pic. I know you're getting settled and it can wait until you have time, but really would love to be able to do this. My email address is below (or do you already have it?). Yes, I owe you a martini. When are you going to collect it?:D We have a fabulous cruise in the making on the Connie in March 2007. Take a look at it. Bob even has a website started.;)

Garry

Radio, once again you have let all of us cruise right along with you. Your pictures and commentary are exceptional. I was especially interested in this cruise of yours,as I will be on the Brilliance April 17th.Hump cabin,to the Panama Canal. She will be my 1st Vision class ship. Your "live report" has made me doubly excited about sailing the Brilliance. Thanks so much.

Thanks for the kind words..You will love the "Radiance Class " ships... I would love to do a Panama Canal Cruise ! ! Don't forget to take some pics !

Radio

;)

We'll be following in your footsteps and doing a "live" on the Jewel. And yes, yes, yes!!! I would love some assistance in posting my Pic. I know you're getting settled and it can wait until you have time, but really would love to be able to do this. My email address is below (or do you already have it?). Yes, I owe you a martini. When are you going to collect it?:D We have a fabulous cruise in the making on the Connie in March 2007. Take a look at it. Bob even has a website started.;)

Garry

The website is very impressive ! I will send you info on how to include photos with your posts. I am typing this from a moving train....I will be on until 9AM tomorrow - My connection has been excellent

Radio

;) ;)

Thank's Radio For Another Fine Job.

Am Hopeing That You Go On Freedom Of The Sea's Before Me So We Get To Read Your Post's And See Your Pic's

Ger ;)

I may be going on a preview Cruise in May from Cape Liberty in Bayonne, NJ.

I hope to be on that cruise...

Radio

;)

Radio, thank you so much for your first hand account of this trip! I'll be on the Jewel three weeks from tomorrow (Feb 5th) and this was an excellent preparation for what to expect. I have to thank you for one critical piece of information -- that the ship arrives in Grand Cayman at 9:00am. I have a local tour scheduled that starts at 8:30am and I'm confirming with the operator that this will not be a problem and if so I'll find another tour. I was also happy that they will have karaoke on board!

Great work and look forward to more reports on future cruises!

Cheers,

Esther

Mark, Thanks so much for your Live report and pics we always enjoy them. We were on the Grandeur in Costa Maya and were at the Folklore Show....Too bad I did not know who you were or we could have bought you a drink at Mamasita's:D ...maybe next time....Jill:cool:

I agree with everyone, thanks for letting us tag along on your cruise and keeping us all on the edge of our seats just waiting for the next post!!!

I hope Mrs. Radio doesn't mind so much of you giving us all of your attention. :D

Thanks again.....BTW where are "we" going next?? ;)

Maybe the Freedom in May '06 from Bayonne and then Empress of the Seas from Philly in June '06

No bookings at this time....

Radio...

Hi Radio and welcome home! Your reports and pictures were wonderful. Thank you for taking so much of your cruise time to share!

We are sailing the Jewel of the Seas 1 week from today, 01/22/06. :)

The last (and only time) we have ever cruised was in 1989 on the then very new Sovereign of the Seas. As you can expect, we are really looking forward to this spur of the moment cruise. We booked only 8 days ago!

Another first for us is traveling to a warm climate in the winter. So...here are my questions.

1. The likely weather we will have in each port. Not so much sunny/cloudy etc, but the avg temp you experienced. Is it just pleasant, REALLY HOT or somewhere in between. Just trying to determine if there is a chance it will be chilly and not warm up during the entire day.

2. Is the water REALLY warm or just barely warm enough to swim.

3. We have no shore excursions planned. Can we just wing it. We have never been to any of the ports (except Key West - LOVE IT!), so anything we do will be new to us.

Now that the kids are grown and finished with college we are having fun!

By the way, we booked the Freedom of the Seas, sailing Sept 3, 2006. We did not want to wait this long for a cruise, so while plaing on the website I saw this cruise and said what the heck. The rest is history! :D

Thank you for your help...I have to know what to pack.

Pat

Hi Pat...you will love the Jewel.

The avg temperature ranged from a high of 76-84. I was very nice...not sweltering or humid, but pleasant and warm. It was perfect weather.

The Solarium Pool was heated...the main pool was nice...but not cold.

The Caribbean was warm....but not bathtub warm like in July-August.

No excursions need to be planned. You can watch a video of most excursions once onboard. Or you can buy excursions from the ship, Local Tour Operators...Or just Rent A car in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, or Key West...

I would bring hot weather clothing...Just bring a sweatshirt/sweater or jacket for evenings...

Radio

;) ;)

Hi Radio and welcome home! Your reports and pictures were wonderful. Thank you for taking so much of your cruise time to share! We are sailing the Jewel of the Seas 1 week from today, 01/22/06. :)

The last (and only time) we have ever cruised was in 1989 on the then very new Sovereign of the Seas. As you can expect, we are really looking forward to this spur of the moment cruise. We booked only 8 days ago! Another first for us is traveling to a warm climate in the winter. So...here are my questions.

1. The likely weather we will have in each port. Not so much sunny/cloudy etc, but the avg temp you experienced. Is it just pleasant, REALLY HOT or somewhere in between. Just trying to determine if there is a chance it will be chilly and not warm up during the entire day.

2. Is the water REALLY warm or just barely warm enough to swim.

3. We have no shore excursions planned. Can we just wing it. We have never been to any of the ports (except Key West - LOVE IT!), so anything we do will be new to us.

Now that the kids are grown and finished with college we are having fun!

By the way, we booked the Freedom of the Seas, sailing Sept 3, 2006. We did not want to wait this long for a cruise, so while plaing on the website I saw this cruise and said what the heck. The rest is history! :D

Thank you for your help...I have to know what to pack.

Pat

Well I made it home..The train pulle din 1 hour late. But all is well !

I have lots of pics to upload and caption to my Cruise Photo Page.

I will also try to organize them by port.

Here are a few Odds and Ends from the Cruise !

Radio

Aft Stack

55382946-9ed4-0200011F-.jpg

Grandeur and Jewel at the Pier

55348286-dedb-020000C6-.jpg

Grandeur of the Seas with us in Costa Maya

55382923-0638-02000180-.jpg

Grandeur and Jewel in Costa Maya

55348694-bb16-01800200-.jpg

Jewel Hump Balconies

55294277-ef1d-02000180-.jpg

Radio- I would also like to say thanks for such wonderful pictures and for taking the time to post while on your trip. I would love to try either the Jewel or the Serenade at some point and your live reports make me that much more anxious. Do you have any more trips planned? We are planning our next cruise for the brand new Freedom of the Seas- it should be fantastic. Thanks again so very much for sharing your vacation with us. ;)

Just had to jump in here and say Thank You Radio for a wonderful review and truly terrific pictures. It was fun cruising with you all week and it really helped get me even more excited about our cruise on the Jewel in November. Thanks again for sharing it with us!

Radio

We really enjoyed your cruise with you, and all the great photos.

I'd like to do a "LIVE" next month, and if you would share? How do you post the pictures while at sea? Can you just add them as an attachment from your own laptop?

Thanks so much!

I am leaving in two weeks, does anyone know if there are Darts in the billiards room of JOS or anywhere else on board.

There are no darts anywhere in the Safari Club...there are however table games available in there (Chess, Backgammon).

Radio

;) ;)

Archived