Two random questions about the Glory

indygirl76

Brief background: my aunt is taking me on the 1/28 Western Glory sailing as a (fabulous and very generous!!) 30th birthday gift. I've been counting the days for months, and will likely be fully packed about two weeks before we leave.

These questions are sort of silly, but this is the stuff that keeps me up at night. ;)

I know there's only one outlet per room, and am planning to take an extension cord or power strip thingie. However, does anyone know if it's the three-prong or two-prong kind?

Auntie is a sun goddess, and I am so pale I nearly glow in the dark. Is there anywhere we can find two lounge chairs together, with one in the sun and the other covered by an umbrella or some such?

The outlet is a 3-prong. We brought a power strip and extension cord and were very glad to have had it along (thanks, cruise boards!). We had my hubby's laptop hooked up and my hair dryer, etc.

As to finding chairs, you probably could do that on some of the more forward/back deck areas. You might want to consider a one-month tanning membership, though, so you don't have to be scared you will fry in the Caribbean sunshine. I am normally extremely white skinned and did this, which worked well.

Have a great time!

There is a new tanning bed that you stand up in. I did this before my cruise for 10 sessions. The first time I only stood in it for 3 minutes! But it was absolutely priceless. Then I used the Kid's 30 SPF continuous spray waterproof sunblock. I didn't get burned once and really didn't even worry about it. And at the Turqouise pool & Azure pools you would easily be able to have one person in the shade and one in the sun and still be beside each other and near the pool.

I'm ghostly white also and probably going to do the spray tan from the salons. Quick way to look good, but will still have to the sunblock. Just an idea?
It took almost 30 years, but I'm finally at the stage where I think I look good in my natural color. :) Avoiding the fried-to-a-crisp look is my only real problem.

It took almost 30 years, but I'm finally at the stage where I think I look good in my natural color. :) Avoiding the fried-to-a-crisp look is my only real problem.

Hi there Indygirl!! We will be on the same Glory sailing. We have a Roll Call thread - not to active yet but might pick up once the holidays are done and we are closer to sailing! I would love to set up some meets and greats! Join the roll call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=181343

Archived