A Little Confused about Oasis Dining

Pjt212301

We are sailing on July 1 and have my time dining booked. I went into the RC site and booked dinner times, under my time dining, what restaurant can we go to? I was also able to book dinner at the Solarium Bistro for two nights, just curious about the other nights. TIA

We are sailing on July 1 and have my time dining booked. I went into the RC site and booked dinner times, under my time dining, what restaurant can we go to? I was also able to book dinner at the Solarium Bistro for two nights, just curious about the other nights. TIA
You will be going to the American Icon restaurant. It's on Deck 3, same as the other MDR on Deck 4 and 5. All 3 levels serve the same food.

Solarium Bistro Is a separate restaurant with a different menu. Complementary tho, nice change of pace to the MDR. You can always elect to eat at any of the specialty restaurants for a charge, but you will have to make separate reservations for those

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For My Time Dining, you go the Main Dining Room, decks 3, 4, or 5 aft. The deck number will be shown on your SeaPass card.

Don't want to confuse things, but not sure if Oasis is different than Allure/Harmony for MDR...but I just emailed dining for table request on Harmony and was assigned to a table at American Icon/Deck 3. I had requested Deck 4 by the railing and it was written in the email that Deck 3 ONLY was for 'assigned seating' (i.e., early at 5:30pm or late at 8 pm - which we chose) and Deck 4/5 were for My Time Dining. If this is true, OP, then for My time dining you will probably want to go to Deck 4 or 5 for seating on the My Time schedule?? (On the Harmony they call the MDR on Deck 4 "Grande Restaurant" and on Deck 5 the "Silk restaurant" (may have them reversed) but American Icon is on Deck 3 on Harmony per their email to me and only for assigned seating.

Don't want to confuse things, but not sure if Oasis is different than Allure/Harmony for MDR...but I just emailed dining for table request on Harmony and was assigned to a table at American Icon/Deck 3. I had requested Deck 4 by the railing and it was written in the email that Deck 3 ONLY was for 'assigned seating' (i.e., early at 5:30pm or late at 8 pm - which we chose) and Deck 4/5 were for My Time Dining. If this is true, OP, then for My time dining you will probably want to go to Deck 4 or 5 for seating on the My Time schedule?? (On the Harmony they call the MDR on Deck 4 "Grande Restaurant" and on Deck 5 the "Silk restaurant" (may have them reversed) but American Icon is on Deck 3 on Harmony per their email to me and only for assigned seating.

Different ships may assign different decks for MTD and Traditional.

• 1 month later...

My time is just the name given to "I want open dining" instead of main seating or late seating. My time allows you the option to eat whenever you want & with whomever you want in the MAIN dining room (MDR). They DO SUGGEST you make reservations (I always do) and you can choose a small table or a larger table (in which they fill it with others.) Its always best to look at the itinerary & gauge when you want dinner. I usually try to book 7:30 across the board.

The dining room decks are designated. A certain deck for Mytime guests & the other is for assigned for main or late seating. At cruise check in they will tell you which deck to report to. The best part of Mytime is that they like to put you in the same table section or table where you were last time so there is continuity with the wait staff.

Another great aspect of this dining method is flexibility. Lets say you eat with your family party of 4 lets say... And then you make friends & say... hey join us for dinner... When you go to dinner you can have them join you at a larger table... And if you know you are going to a specialty restaurant (out of pocket cover charge) you can just tell the Maitre D you wont be there the next day, so they can give the table to others waiting. You can always change your RSVP based on availability. The only thing they ask is that if you can't make it at your rsvp time that you cancel with the maitreD. The # is listed on your phone in your directory or phone in your stateroom.

Hope this helps!!!

Edited by Pack My Bags