Luggage tags (attach before or after flight?)

pthjudy

Sorry I did not bother to read the previous pages so I do not know if this was addressed but I KNOW I have the best answer......

It was given to me by a TSA manager in Washington DC after months of trying to recoup our losses for things stolen by the TSA....we never were reimbursed..

He said do NOT put cruise tags before your flight there because it is an alert that your probably have nice clothes small electronics, etc. in your bag.

He said that after you get off the cruise ship, remove the tags they put on to give you your time off the ship. He said that is like advertising you probably have nice souvenirs in there....that is where they got us.... they took a lot of different things but just to show you how bold they are...

I collect miniature perfume bottles and bought some in the Caribbean. They actually took the bottles out of the boxes so that they would probably fit in their pockets easier.

I told them I had the boxes & they should check for finger prints but was told that they all wear gloves !

No, I don't think this had been addressed - thank you. Another good reason I had never thought of to use cruise tags only for the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

I just printed my luggage tags for our Regal Princess cruise. The instructions say, "Print and place luggage tags on each piece of luggage before leaving home." But they also say that if you need assistance, "Bring this print with you to the pier and one of our staff will assist you with folding and attaching it to your luggage."

I'm in the attaching it to our bags after our flights camp. It's been a very long time since we flew in the same day as our cruise. For one of our cruises, our luggage did not make it when we changed planes on the flights down to Fort Lauderdale. The airline delivered our bags to our hotel during the night. I'm glad we did not have the cruise tags on our bags. They may have delivered them to the port instead.