Seaside Suite Question

jandbmom

This will be our first time with MSC. We have sailed many other lines usually in a suite. We are excited to try something different. With that being said the YC is sold out and I am trying to decide between these 2 options. I realize they are very subjective. I am having a hard time choosing between an Aurea Aft Suite on 9 or Deck 10 Whirlpool Suite. Does anyone have any experience or preference? Also they said I will have my choice dining since we are booking an Aurea Suite. Can someone explain how this works? I have only done traditional dining in the past or have eaten in suite guest restaurants. Thank you for your help!

We had an Aft Aurea suite on Deck 14 over Xmas, is the Deck 9 one you mention the same as 14 with the wrap around balcony ? Or one of the side aft Deck 9 suites with the long balconies ? If it is the long balcony one then the cabin is not a suite as the interior is just like a standard cabin.

With regard to Dining there is an area of the Deck 5 Seashore Dining room on the Starboard side reserved for Aurea and Wellness cabin guests, you can go anytime during the opening hours to eat that suits you.

From videos I have seen you can just about get two people in the tub on the whirlpool suites.

Lots of storage space in the very Aft suites.

Edited by sidari

We had an Aft Aurea suite on Deck 14 over Xmas, is the Deck 9 one you mention the same as 14 with the wrap around balcony ? Or one of the side aft Deck 9 suites with the long balconies ? If it is the long balcony one then the cabin is not a suite as the interior is just like a standard cabin.

With regard to Dining there is an area of the Deck 5 Seashore Dining room on the Starboard side reserved for Aurea and Wellness cabin guests, you can go anytime during the opening hours to eat that suits you.

Thank you, it is the wrap around balcony. The room looks fairly large, but the balcony does not.

Thank you, it is the wrap around balcony. The room looks fairly large, but the balcony does not.

So I'll let you be the judge of the balcony size, but before I get to that, note that any of those aft wraps below deck 12 have slightly obstructed views on the side of the balcony due to the presence of the cleaning rig that's docked there the entire sailing (it was during the Christmas sailing, anyway). Here's what I mean. I shot this from our balcony on deck 9 starboard (one of the long Aurea suites), and as you can see the large hose wrap section at the bottom of the rig is right there on the side of the deck 9 aft balcony. This exists on both sides of the ship:

20171229_163533724_ios.jpg

That said, here's a 360 shot I took out on the balcony of 12267 while touring it during the 2 day inaugural. Should give you an idea of size, and you can move around and see the view, zoom in on the balcony, etc:

https://theta360.com/s/oi3Fe7LBSzVMgOQJDbB93yuUi

Thank you everyone for the input. I hope a YC will open up but final payment is due tomorrow so it is unlikely. I think I will go ahead with the whirlpool suite on 10 and keep watching. I appreciate all the help!

Correction on my post. not sure where my head is, but I meant everything below deck 15 is partially obstructed by that rig, not 12. That 360 shot above was taken on 15239's balcony, not 12267. I'll correct the post when I get home.

Correction on my post. not sure where my head is, but I meant everything below deck 15 is partially obstructed by that rig, not 12. That 360 shot above was taken on 15239's balcony, not 12267. I'll correct the post when I get home.

I keep forgetting editing times out in these boards :rolleyes:. So for anyone reading this going forward, just assume I meant 15239, and the 360 picture on the balcony can be found here: https://theta360.com/s/hqefezRAUc1raAKjuEA7EqX3Y