Capt. Marvin Looses Snorkler

barefootguy

We were in Grand Cayman last week & went out to the Coral Gardens & Stingray City with Soto's. Capt. Marvin was at the site during the same time, then left for Stingray City. After completing our time at Coral Gardens, it seems that all 8 were on board by count, yet there was still a person in the water...

We boarded her & found she was with Capt. Marvin's boat. She was then delivered to their boat & we went on our way.

As a PADI Master Diver, my wife & I find this VERY disturbing! Capt. Marvin obviously never took a count of divers out & divers back on board....

If you are scheduled with Capt. Marvin, be sure you're not the last aboard!! Or last out of the water.... You may be all alone!

Not to do a sell, but there were only 8 of us on Soto's boat (15-20+ on Capt. Marvin) & we had a GREAT time with wonderful crew! Picked up by ship pier on time & dropped off on schedule.

Oh my gosh, that is horrible. Did this person do the tour all by themselves? Why did her friends or family members not notice that she was not back on the boat before they left for the next site? How anyone could just leave someone is beyond me.

barefootguy-

Did you book your tour yourself or through the cruiseline. Do you have their website. What was the cost and long was the tour. We will be in Grand Cayman from 7-4:30.

There are 5 of us and 2 can not swim, could we still do this tour.

Link to their web site is www.sotoscruises.com. Even the non-swimmers can do Stingray City. Coral Gardens is just a little deeper, but too much for a non-swimmer. Believe the cost was $30 each for a 2-2 1/2 trip. Lots of time at both locations... Nicest thing was that it's almost a private trip.

Do make reservations & do confirm the reservations back to them when they send back an e-mail stating you are booked, "Please confirm your reservations". As I said, only 8 folks on boat, we were the only ones from a ship, the other 6 were picked up at 2 hotels.

Hope you have a GREAT time!!!

No matter who you go out with... If you want to have some fun with your wife... When they give you the squid, just squeeze it in your hand & let a little of that juice drip down the back of your wife's bathing suit. Of course, she shouldn't see you do that... Then just wait for a ray to come up & take a big suck on her butt!

Let me know if she lifts higher out of the water than my wife did! Actually several rays came at her... No hickies from the rays, but a big suprise & a lot of laughs for the whole group! Yes, she has a great sense of humor & still loves me...

Which ship did you cruise on? Did you do the morning or the afternoon Soto's trip. Also, did you feel like you had enough time at the stingray site?

We will be on the Conquest on 1/15 and were thinking about soto's for the 'rays. They afternoon trip looked like it might cut it close with the last tender to the boat?

Thanks for any advice. Soto's looks like it would be great!:)

Family Doc: We did the AM cruise, didn't want to cut it short on tendering either. We had all the time with the rays we needed, half the folks were already back on the boat. Another thing, they'll tell you when you leave the dock is that 4 can go up front to the bow seat. Liz & I were the only ones up front in both directions, better view & quieter. :)

Have a great trip!!

Oh GREAT! Just what I need to read days before my trip with marvins. ugh, thank goodness i'm not going alone.

Not to minimize what happened...but things can and do happen. We used CM's for our trip and had a wonderful time. So much in fact, that we're going there for a week in January, and plan on using them again. Have a wonderful time! It's an awesome experience!

Archived