Barcelona/Spanish Grand Prix 5/14/06 Hotels!

I just got done booking my Hotels in Barcelona for the Weekend 5/13 5/14 which is when the Spanish Grand Prix is being held. I noticed a big price jump with hotels compared to the weekend previous to the Spanish Grand Prix. Will these prices keep going up? I was shocked to see even the 3 star hotels going for well over $200 a night. I guess I'm just trying to warn other cruisers if you are booked to cruise out of Barcelona this weekend Hotels are really really in demand. Tim

Norwegian Sky Alaska 5/03

Norwegian Star Hawaii 11/03

Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas Mediterean 05/04

Holland America Oosterdam Mexican Riviera 12/05

Norwegian Jewel of the Seas Mediterean 05/06

Bigmjh,

Thank you so much for the response. I know there will be fellow cruisers out there that will want to stay in Las Ramblas. Thank goodness I have all my booking done for that weekend 5/14/06 which is getting very expensive. In the past when in Europe I have used places like "Holiday Inn Express" in Frankfurt which is clean cheap and near the airport. Just for reseach purposes I pluged in the information for Barcelona for 5/13/06. It came up $126 Euros ($148 US) and is located 22 km north of the Barcelona Airport. That same hotel one week later is $59 Euros ($69 US). For those of you needing hotels in Barcelona for this particular weekend that have not booked...don't snooze on this one. Good luck, Tim and Cathy

Archived