Transatlantic to Barcelona disembark procedures?

wlbox

Our Transatlantic cruise arrives in the morning in Barcelona. Ship spends overnight in port allowing us a full day and night in Barcelona. Next morning we disembark. Do we go through customs? How long should it take to get off the ship with our luggage the next morning ? Planning on taking taxi to Sants train station. Thank you.

When I did this on another cruise line (same deal, ship came in the day before so we were able to get off, tour, etc.) the ship actually cleared Customs the day it came into port. Thus, we were free to leave on disembarkation day at any time we wished. We were toward the early side, but it took very little time to clear and be on our way...maybe 15 or 20 minutes. They had LOTS of people working and it the line moved very quickly.

What is your previous port prior to Barcelona? If an EU/Schengen Agreement nation then there will be little to no formalities in Barcelona either upon arrival or when disembarking the next morning. Usually once an inspection of all non-EU citizens' passports is done at the first EU nation port it is smooth sailing from there on. And even without the overnight in port Barcelona is one of the few cities that unusually early flights can be safely booked (I believe Princess recommends 9:30 or later).

In 2015 we disembarked in Barcelona on another cruise line. We were staying a few extra days so we were in the 0930 am departure group. After going through immigration and getting our bags went out to a line waiting for taxi's that was over 1hr. long. The taxi's were moving in an out fast and still took that long. There was a covered area to get the taxi's but the long line went to the side of the building and was in the sun. No problem for me but some older that me (and I'm no spring chicken) may.