Singapore - Changi Airport to Marina Bay Cruise Center Luggage

awestover89

We are flying into Singapore at 8AM the morning of our cruise. Since boarding isn't until around 11, we wanted to be able to do a little sight seeing around Singapore, but we don't want to have to drag our luggage around while we do so. Researching, I found a few possible options:

1) Leave the luggage at the airport. This is $12 per piece and would require us to pay for transportation from the airport to whatever sights we see, back to the airport, and then to the cruise terminal.

2) Marina Bay Cruise Center has a luggage storage for only $9 per piece. Same issue as above where we'd have to get transportation to the cruise center, then to the sights, then back to the cruise.

3) Porter Xpress has a service to pick up our luggage at the airport and deliver it to the cruise terminal at a set time. This is $85 for 2 pieces of luggage, and would require us ensuring we get to the cruise port at a specific time.

4) The MBCC website also has a delivery option with airport pickup for $22.50 per piece of luggage. The site is a little unclear; they ask you to specify when the luggage will be picked up, but also say it is transferred to the cruise line.

Has anybody used any of theses services? Do you have any recommendations for one of these options, or other options I haven't thought of?

Here is another option that we used successfully in various other cities. We booked either a private car service or tour guide (such as Tours by Locals) online and requested a large vehicle to accommodate us, our friends, and our luggage. We did several hours of sightseeing to wherever we wanted to go, and then he dropped us at the pier. In Rio, the price included a driver (in addition to the tour guide) who guarded our luggage while we were out of the vehicle. In Singapore, this would not be necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are flying into Singapore at 8AM the morning of our cruise. Since boarding isn't until around 11, we wanted to be able to do a little sight seeing around Singapore, but we don't want to have to drag our luggage around while we do so. Researching, I found a few possible options:

1) Leave the luggage at the airport. This is $12 per piece and would require us to pay for transportation from the airport to whatever sights we see, back to the airport, and then to the cruise terminal.

2) Marina Bay Cruise Center has a luggage storage for only $9 per piece. Same issue as above where we'd have to get transportation to the cruise center, then to the sights, then back to the cruise.

3) Porter Xpress has a service to pick up our luggage at the airport and deliver it to the cruise terminal at a set time. This is $85 for 2 pieces of luggage, and would require us ensuring we get to the cruise port at a specific time.

4) The MBCC website also has a delivery option with airport pickup for $22.50 per piece of luggage. The site is a little unclear; they ask you to specify when the luggage will be picked up, but also say it is transferred to the cruise line.

Has anybody used any of theses services? Do you have any recommendations for one of these options, or other options I haven't thought of?

By the time you collect luggage and go through immigration/customs it will probably be around 9:00 AM and then you have to get to the cruise port which could take around 45 minutes. Why not head to the port, drop off your luggage and then tour around for an hour or so and return to board the ship.

Keith

Yes, and the cruise center is 5-10mins drive from Gardens by the Bay/Marina Bay Sands which makes it convenient to start your day trip.

By the time you collect luggage and go through immigration/customs it will probably be around 9:00 AM and then you have to get to the cruise port which could take around 45 minutes. Why not head to the port, drop off your luggage and then tour around for an hour or so and return to board the ship.

Keith

I have to say to the OP you are more gutsy than me. To fly transpacific same day is not something I could do. :eek:

Was not intentional, wasn't paying attention to the timezone change when we booked the tickets :loudcry: I saw we left the US on the 3rd and saw it arrived at 8 AM, thought it was 8 AM the 4th and we'd have a full day and night before the cruise. Definitely need to pay better attention in the future; at least we have a full 12 hours of wiggle room before the ship leaves.