Port Everglades.....Car Rental After Our Allure Cruise

martyap

We have a late flight, 8pm, on SW, so we our out of the window to use LV. We rented a car from Alamo on Eller Drive right outside the port with drop off at FLL.

Any tips from anyone who has done this??? I am guessing that Alamo will be a zoo to pick up the vehicle. Should we get off the Allure early or wait until around 9:30? Also figuring that making our way out of the port will require patience. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

We have a late flight, 8pm, on SW, so we our out of the window to use LV. We rented a car from Alamo on Eller Drive right outside the port with drop off at FLL.

Any tips from anyone who has done this??? I am guessing that Alamo will be a zoo to pick up the vehicle. Should we get off the Allure early or wait until around 9:30? Also figuring that making our way out of the port will require patience. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

What is "LV"?

Probably getting off early will be a good idea.

The Alamo lot is on one of the main roads (Eller) out of the port, so just get on that road and go.

If I remember correctly Allure is Sunday-Sunday. Are that location’s hours different on Sunday? That would dictate your time to disembark. I’d go as early as possible as rental places have been known to occasionally run out of cars . . . Traffic in/out of the port usually isn’t too bad. Usually . . .

What is "LV"?

Probably getting off early will be a good idea.

The Alamo lot is on one of the main roads (Eller) out of the port, so just get on that road and go.

Luggage Valet through RCCL but SW has a time limit to 6:30pm

We have used Enterprise twice and have taken a quick taxi ride to get there. For the times we have done it, we have not really had a wait to pickup the car. We normally are slower to disembark as we don't have plans and we seem to think that helps thin the crowd a bit (but that's just our opinion).

Hi,

Once you disembark the ship, staff will direct you to the pickup location for car rental shuttles. Location is a traffic island, near bus drop off location.

We did this recently for the Allure and the line for Alamo pickup up was the longest.

Spoke to staff monitoring location and said this was the norm. Expect 30 - 45 minutes wait for pickup up,

then a wait at rental location.

If you have wifi on the ship you can check in at Alamo using the skip the counter option... Print your papers on the ship . You then go directly to a car in the category that you have reserved. Take the car and drive to the exit where you will show your drivers license and the CC used to check in . No waiting in line.. I do this all the time at many Alamo rental centers.