Labadee Beach Bed Review

HangryGrl

I had some difficulty finding any reviews on the Labadee beach beds when I was doing research before my cruise so I thought I would add one. Feel free to ask any questions you might have! Of the 15-20 (estimate as I didn't count) beds available only about 6 were actually occupied on the day we were in Labadee (Navigator was the only ship in port). We paid $175 for the use of the bed the entire day and it came with 2 towels, a cooler with ice and 6 large bottles of Evian, 2 floating mats, 2 lounge chairs, and an attendant. There was a bathroom and buffet lunch facility not to far from where we were. The beds are located on Adrenaline beach which seemed to be the farthest beach from the pier but there were numerous shuttles and golf carts running all day ferrying people around the area. The zipline runs directly over the beach beds so there is some screaming roughly every 20 minutes as a new set of zipliners passes over you but it only lasts a few seconds and was somewhat entertaining. :) That area of Adrenaline beach was not extremely crowded possibly due to the distance from the pier and lack of other lounge chairs in the area. The attendants were great, coming around roughly every 30 minutes to make sure we were happy and didn't need anything. They also came around to let us know that lunch was ready and kicked out a few people who tried to use the beach beds without paying (you get a wrist band when you first arrive and show them your excursion ticket). We enjoyed having a nice place to relax/stretch out with some shade and would probably get the beach bed again if we are in Labadee.

Edited by HangryGrl
font size
  • Like 6

Thank you for the review! We have reserved one for our upcoming cruise and have been looking for feedback from others which is few and far between. Couple ??. How close to the water are they? Do you pick which one you want from those not yet occupied or are you pre assigned? Is the water area snorkel worthy? Thank you!

I would say the closest ones are maybe 50ft from the water.

We were able to pick any one we wanted that was open. Since there were not very many people we were able to get one of the ones closest to the water.

I didn’t snorkel but my husband did. He said there was a lot of sand kicked up in the water and he really didn’t see much. He snorkeled 2 years ago at Columbus Cove and saw more there but Labadee in general is not great for snorkeling.

I had some difficulty finding any reviews on the Labadee beach beds when I was doing research before my cruise so I thought I would add one. Feel free to ask any questions you might have! Of the 15-20 (estimate as I didn't count) beds available only about 6 were actually occupied on the day we were in Labadee (Navigator was the only ship in port). We paid $175 for the use of the bed the entire day and it came with 2 towels, a cooler with ice and 6 large bottles of Evian, 2 floating mats, 2 lounge chairs, and an attendant. There was a bathroom and buffet lunch facility not to far from where we were. The beds are located on Adrenaline beach which seemed to be the farthest beach from the pier but there were numerous shuttles and golf carts running all day ferrying people around the area. The zipline runs directly over the beach beds so there is some screaming roughly every 20 minutes as a new set of zipliners passes over you but it only lasts a few seconds and was somewhat entertaining. :) That area of Adrenaline beach was not extremely crowded possibly due to the distance from the pier and lack of other lounge chairs in the area. The attendants were great, coming around roughly every 30 minutes to make sure we were happy and didn't need anything. They also came around to let us know that lunch was ready and kicked out a few people who tried to use the beach beds without paying (you get a wrist band when you first arrive and show them your excursion ticket). We enjoyed having a nice place to relax/stretch out with some shade and would probably get the beach bed again if we are in Labadee.

I can't seem to find these on the cruise planner for our cruise in July. That may be because they are sold out. But, just to clarify, these are different from the beach bungalows, right? I think the bungalows are at Columbus Cove. Can someone explain the difference ( besides one is on Adrenaline beach and the other on Columbus Cove)? The bungalows are $250 for the day.

I didn't start looking into the beach bed until maybe 3-4 weeks before our cruise so I am not sure when they were first offered. There were only about 6 occupied the day we were there and they were available through the "Shore Excursions" desk on the cruise for the same price. The bungalows were on Columbus Cove and the beach beds on Adrenaline beach. I will post pictures of both below for comparison.

Beach Bed:

beach-bed-rental.jpg

Beach Bungalow:

I didn't start looking into the beach bed until maybe 3-4 weeks before our cruise so I am not sure when they were first offered. There were only about 6 occupied the day we were there and they were available through the "Shore Excursions" desk on the cruise for the same price. The bungalows were on Columbus Cove and the beach beds on Adrenaline beach. I will post pictures of both below for comparison.

Beach Bed:

beach-bed-rental.jpg

Beach Bungalow:

Thanks so much for the reply. The beach beds are not available ( at least not yet) for our cruise. I do have a bungalow reserved for our group.

Great info..thanks.

Can you tell me if there is a full bar nearby? When we had a beach bed on Cococay the attendant only had a small bar with very little to choose from. I really like my pina coladas and those weren't an option unless we wanted to take the tram back to a main bar.

Thanks

The swim out bar was not too far and seemed popular. That was the only actual "bar" I saw but I wasn't really looking either I guess. I'm sure the attendants or servers that come around frequently would be more than willing to get you whatever they can as long as it is available. I had a Labadoozie which I would describe it as a slightly more fruity pina colada (it definitely had pineapple, coconut and rum!). They carry these around on trays like at a baseball game.

Thank you for your review! I actually just found out about these today and I am seriously considering one of these because of the fact the water and the floating mats are included! I am not usually a fan of adrenaline beach because there is no shade, but since I would have my own shade provided it is a strong contender now! Did you find it to get oppressively hot? Or did you think the shade controlled the heat nicely?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was worried about the lack of shade also but the bed provided a good amount of shade the entire day. It was a little breezy and maybe mid 80's the day we were in Labadee so not extremely hot (at least not for me! :) ) and I was comfortable temperature wise all day. When the breeze really kicked up the curtains would blow around a bit and you might get a few sun gaps or have to readjust them once the wind died down but otherwise the majority of the bed was shaded.

• 1 month later...

I am also considering a beach bed and they are on sale right now for $140 and I have a few questions. How is the swimming at adrenaline beach? I've heard it can be rough and rocky, also what is the swim up bar? lol and can I move the shade to get some sun because while we like shad sometimes I also like to lay in the sun.

thanks in advance

I didn't swim as the water was pretty chilly the day we were there (for me anyway! ;) ) My husband snorkeled some and didn't mention that it was rough at all. There is a rocky break to the right of beach which may help reduce some of the surf. The beach area near the shore was a little rough with broken coral but I have definitely seen worse.

The swim up bar was a floating platform anchored a little ways out in the water. There is a small bar in the center, a few bar stools and a couple of ladders to climb up to the platform. It is not huge and I don't know how their selection was as we didn't go out there.

The curtains on the beach bed cover 2 sides and the top. They are adjustable to open and close on the sides. If it is windy when you are there they may blow around and need to be readjusted occasionally. We were at the bed from maybe 10am until 2:30 ish and didn't have any issue with needing sun protection on the sides without the curtains.

• 2 weeks later...
My husband actually tipped them so I am not sure exactly how much. If I had to guess probably $20.

OK thanks for the review. We booked it yesterday 100% based on your review and it was on sale for $140

• 3 months later...

Very thorough review! Thank you for that! You said the buffet was not too far, can you walk to it or was it not walking distance? Also, can you walk to Adrenaline Beach from the pier or is it really far?

Also, can you walk to Adrenaline Beach from the pier or is it really far?

Adrenaline Beach is the closest beach to the pier, so it is easy to walk to it. It is a long beach so if you want to go to the far end, you might consider taking one of the free trams. However, none of the beaches on Labadee are very far from the pier - I think about .5 miles from the pier to the furthest point on Columbus Cove is the furthest you can walk.

The beach beds are on the east end of Adrenaline Beach right by the coaster and right under the zip-line - which is a bit further away from the pier. Walking distance is probably about 1/3 of a mile. If that is a bit much, you can easily take the tram and it will drop you off close by.

The buffet was pretty close by, easily walking distance. We walked from the pier to Adrenaline Beach but it is probably the furthest point from the pier you can go. If you have diffculty walking there are plenty of trams running and there are also people in golf carts driving around that will give you a lift.

• 1 month later...

I am looking to book a beach bed for our cruise in November. We are traveling with my wife's father and step mom as well. Do you just book a bed for one person then you can get 4 wrist bands or do you have to tie all 4 people to the reservation like the other excursions. When I went to put all 4 people in, it was charging me like it was 4 beds. Just trying to clarify this so I know how to book early enough to get this on our sailing.

You only purchase for 1 person. When you get there they will ask how many people and give you the wristbands. They will also get more loungers if you need them and bring you drinks. Take the tram to the beach where the beds are. Hope this helps. We really enjoyed ours in April

• 2 weeks later...