3 birthdays on our upcoming cruise!

knitdiva

We will be on Seaside with extended family next March. 2 of the pre schoolers and one adult will be celebrating birthdays. I remember being able to order a birthday cake in advance on the website a few years ago but the option is not there anymore (even after scrolling down and loading more and searching the website). Does anyone know how to order one? Trying to avoid calling or waiting to be on board as one birthday is on boarding day.

Also is there any type of birthday celebration at the kids club?

Will appreciate all suggestions to make this triple birthday cruise extra special!

We will be on Seaside with extended family next March. 2 of the pre schoolers and one adult will be celebrating birthdays. I remember being able to order a birthday cake in advance on the website a few years ago but the option is not there anymore (even after scrolling down and loading more and searching the website). Does anyone know how to order one? Trying to avoid calling or waiting to be on board as one birthday is on boarding day.

Will appreciate all suggestions to make this triple birthday cruise extra special!

Don't know that I've seen birthday cake as an option since the time when I booked this cruise so I will just guess maybe that's not a thing on Seaside at any rate. Although to be fair I wasn't looking for it so perhaps I just failed to notice it. I would say calling would be the best idea.

This is just me wildly guessing but I think you'd have no trouble getting your waiter to sing "Happy Birthday" with your table when he delivers your desserts on the big days. I have read reviews where they've said this was done in the MDR.

I've also read they have a lot of Lego sets in the shop on the ship. I sort of think one review said they wrapped a Lego set for someone on an earlier cruise but you should probably take some wrap with you just in case.

I haven't heard any reports of them celebrating in the kid's club. I think that might be asking a bit much especially on boarding day.

This may sound like a strange idea, but this would probably be what I'd do. The McDonalds in my small town sells just the Happy Meal preschool toys for less than a dollar. I'd probably let my child give each kid in the kids club a toy as a thank you for being there on my child's birthday. With permission from the staff of course. I'd be giving one to my child at the same time as well. That way everyone feels they've been at a celebration without asking the hard working staff to do anything extra. I'd probably also take a little something for the staff, too, like a few chocolates or something like that. :)

We were on the seaside a few weeks ago.

The first day of the cruise was my husbands birthday.

We were in th yacht club so I know that makes a difference but....it was about 2pm & I found the man in charge of the yacht club restaurant. I told him I knew it was very late notice but could the waiters maybe just acknowledge it & say happy birthday to him. He was very calm & just said...no problem.

We wound up eating there at 6pm with another couple we had just met. At the end of dinner, not only did they sing happy birthday to him, they brought a VERY nice birthday cake. It was several layers of cake with whipped cream frosting. We each had a large piece and there was still more than half left.

The cake was amazing. The served a giant one the next day at the cruise critic meet & mingle.

Sounds like I could wait until we get on board and ask about birthday cakes at that time.

It never even cross my mind to expect the kids club personel to put on a party for the kids. I just wondered if they aknowledge the kids birthday in any way (a simple happy birthday? A card? Nothing at all? Just asking, not expecting). With 7 kids between my sister's family, her friend's family and my family we already have a few surprises and gifts in the works. My question was to enquire about possibilities I might have overlooked.

Thanks for sharing experiences amd suggestions.

You can order birthday cakes once on board

This is from the UK online 2018/2019 brochure

birthdaycake.jpg

Alternatively if you can do a Status Match and match to a black card you will get a birthday cake as one of the perks

Hope this helps

pete