Koala Bear Pic

vecruiser2017

In New South Wales where Sydney is located you are not allowed to handle Koala bears. You can have your photo taken along side one at Featherdale Wildlife Park just outside Sydney but to hold one you would have to go to Queensland.

...they do let you put one hand on bum area as well lol You get some good, up close interactions at Featherdale, but it seemed a bit depressing as far as animal enrichment went...but that could've been because we were there during a record heat wave (over 110 degrees with very high humidity) and the animals were lazing around to try to stay cool and not because they where bored

Featherdale looks like the place to check out. If anyone can let me know of any excursions on the cruise that would have this same opportunity, please feel free. Thanks.

We got in a few days early to adjust pre cruise and explore Sydney. The tour we took was a very long day that included a trip up into the blue mountains (see link below). We picked this particular tour because we wanted a small group and not a big bus tour.

http://www.tourstogo.com.au/tour/52705-blue-mountains-in-style?sb=l105-a438

...they do let you put one hand on bum area as well lol You get some good, up close interactions at Featherdale, but it seemed a bit depressing as far as animal enrichment went...but that could've been because we were there during a record heat wave (over 110 degrees with very high humidity) and the animals were lazing around to try to stay cool and not because they where bored

Not the bum area!! lol Thanks.

Hi there,

I did the Wildlife Sydney a few years ago...we got off the plane, checked in to the hotel and headed to Darling Harbour and went straight to the Koalas. It was fabulous and although we bought a picture, they let us take as many as we wanted on our own. It was my first Koala experience and one I will always remember.

enhance

Hi there,

I did the Wildlife Sydney a few years ago...we got off the plane, checked in to the hotel and headed to Darling Harbour and went straight to the Koalas. It was fabulous and although we bought a picture, they let us take as many as we wanted on our own. It was my first Koala experience and one I will always remember.

enhance

This is awesome!! My friends and I are planning on visiting this one. Thank you.

Just got off the Norweigan Jewel cruise Jan 21-31 Sydney to Auckland - we did a tour at the Burnie, Tasmania port and the tour we did in Burnie included a stop at a wildlife park where you could have kangaroos bounce right around you and I saw several people get a picture with a Koala under supervision. That was not included in tour - you had to pay the wildlife park separately but it was possible.