California Lighthouse Access

SG65CB

Can you go inside the California Lighthouse and climb to the top? Any restrictions or fees?

If it is possible to go inside, do tour groups usually go inside? I am considering EL Tours Aruba Highlights bus tour which stops at the lighthouse.

Also please share your experience if you have gone there on your own, I know that the bus does not go all the way there, but have you taken a cab there? Price? Can you get off the ship and find a cab driver who will take you to see the lighthouse and some of the other sights?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was in the lighthouse last spring. It is north of Arashi beach in Noord right by an Italian Restaurant -Faro Blanco. After years of going to Aruba, this is the first time we have been able to go inside. It has been renovated. You go inside the restaurant and pay and they send you up with a guide. It's pretty neat. Good views. VERY windy at the very top. Not sure about the bus. We had a rental car.

Check for times that you can go before you venture out there. Last year we went to the Lighthouse for lunch and my son and his friend wanted to go to the top of the Lighthouse and they weren’t offering tours at that time of day. We couldn’t stay so unfortunately they missed it. You just can’t pay and go on your own.