Any recommendations for Excursions when Kids Carseats are needed for the cab ride?

wvmountaineers25

They don't have car seats.U usually go on a bigger bus or truck if you book the excursions through Royal Caribbean that say they are "kid friendly". If you plan on doing your own thing with taxi's then you will need to look into private companies that provide car seats or bring your own.

We have always just thrown caution to the wind and forgone car seats and seatbelts when on excursions in foreign countries.

Most of the time cabs and buses don’t have seat belts to secure a car seat even if you brought one.

The one cruise where we had an under two year old we just didn’t go on any excursions.

Otherwise they rode like my wife and I did when we were kids, seatbelt free and carefree.

Have cruised many times but never with the grand babies.. How do we handle the car seats for a 4, 3 and 1yr old????

Cruising out of San Juan in July 2018.

visiting

St. Thomas

Curacao

St. Maarten

Aruba

You'll probably find that many of those islands don't require car seats or aren't equipped to handle them.

Went to a beach resort in Cozumel during a port stop with our 7 month old and we brought his car seat along. Had to find a cab that had seatbelts (happened to be the first cab that came) but I know there are lots that dont have seatbelts. We have taken a few other cruises since and have stayed on the ship besides walking around in port just because we had been to the stops before. We did do one recent excursion in Grand Caymans (he was 2) and we just sat him on our lap in the van/bus and put the seatbelt over both of us.

. We did do one recent excursion in Grand Caymans (he was 2) and we just sat him on our lap in the van/bus and put the seatbelt over both of us.

My son is grown and my granddaughter is above the age to need a car seat. I just wanted to say that on a flight last month to go on Allure, there was a couple with a child 2 or younger. The mother had the seat belt around both of them and the flight attendant had her remove the child from the seat belt. She said it was more dangerous for the child to be hurt by the seat belt as the child was young. My guess is that the child would be squashed if the seat belt tightened around the child rather than being held by the mother.

I am just posting this as that might be something to consider. I guess it's something to think about, but of course, it is your decision.

My son is grown and my granddaughter is above the age to need a car seat. I just wanted to say that on a flight last month to go on Allure, there was a couple with a child 2 or younger. The mother had the seat belt around both of them and the flight attendant had her remove the child from the seat belt. She said it was more dangerous for the child to be hurt by the seat belt as the child was young. My guess is that the child would be squashed if the seat belt tightened around the child rather than being held by the mother.

I am just posting this as that might be something to consider. I guess it's something to think about, but of course, it is your decision.

This is true, think about it, in a frontal impact significant enough where the seatbelt would make a difference, the weight of the mother will crush the child when it is pressed into the 2-3 inch wide seatbelt, much safer in that scenario to just belt in then sit the child on your lap unrestrained (other than your arms)

Have cruised many times but never with the grand babies.. How do we handle the car seats for a 4, 3 and 1yr old????

Cruising out of San Juan in July 2018.

visiting

St. Thomas

Curacao

St. Maarten

Aruba

Curacao is a great place to walk across the pontoon bridge, then into the charming town and by the floating markets (bring strollers). St. Maarten, get off the ship, walk along the dock and when you get to land turn to the left and take a water taxi into town. There is shopping, restaurants and a beach there and is easy to walk. At the end of the day, take the water taxi back to the ship. St. Thomas - there is much on offer right at the port so you may not need to take a vehicle at all. For example they have the SkyRide to Paradise Point which is walkable from the ship (albeit expensive but they do have a bird show twice a day). There are shopping trams (open air jitney's) to take you into downtown Charlotte Amelie and many shops right at the port. But with such young children I'd suggest staying closer to your ship rather than venturing out on a long excursion where someone might get exhausted and have a melt down. If you are determined to take car seats, the Cosco Scena is lightweight and easier to manage for traveling.