I'm looking for the Magnetic Hooks someone posted....

BermudaBound2014

The cruise critic search feature is failing me again. I'm searching and searching for the magnetic hooks that someone posted. They held up an entire fold able drawer that was purchased from Walmart. I'm on amazon reading lots of reviews and they are nearly all stating that the hooks don't hold as much as the manufacturer claims. I'm going to need lots of these for a world cruise :).

Magnets.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01L2TL60A/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518538070&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=strongman+magnets&psc=1

Also found this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074H1JW3B

Full disclosure... have not used yet but I will starting 3/24.:cool:

Even if they only hold half of what the manufacturer states, two of them should theoretically hold 44 pounds, which is a heck of a lot of clothes.

Edited by fish_guru
Add more info

Magnets.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01L2TL60A/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518538070&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=strongman+magnets&psc=1

Also found this.

Even if they only hold half of what the manufacturer states, two of them should theoretically hold 44 pounds, which is a heck of a lot of clothes.

I believe each magnet will hold 44 lbs so two should hold up what you want.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

The cruise critic search feature is failing me again. I'm searching and searching for the magnetic hooks that someone posted. They held up an entire fold able drawer that was purchased from Walmart. I'm on amazon reading lots of reviews and they are nearly all stating that the hooks don't hold as much as the manufacturer claims. I'm going to need lots of these for a world cruise :).

Try your local,hardware store. I have gotten them at Home Depot.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

FWIW, I used those 44 lb hooks on the walls (not the ceiling as was explained on the package) on Carnival Liberty. They held clothes pretty well but not my lightweight Chico backpack with about 10 lbs of "stuff". They work pretty well at home when attached to 1/4 in steel. We always use command hooks of various sizes when traveling. They can go anywhere and hold just about anything. They weight very little. You just need extra strips. Have a great world cruise.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! I much appreciate your suggestions. There was a poster who just returned from Seaside that posted a great photo of his folding drawer with magnetic hook contraption and it looked genius. He was kind enough to tell me the hooks he used, but I can't find the post using the search on cruise critic.

what is metal in a cabin? I'm trying to remember.

I like this idea and might try it myself. Just trying to recall what I would stick them to in the cabin.

Keep an eye out Kalsal.... If the original poster sees this he has a great picture of exactly how he set it all up. A great fix for any area that lacks storage.

Magnets.

Also found this.

I purchased hanging closet organizers, almost identical to the ones from Amazon.com at our local Walmart for less than $10 each. There were a few models to choose from and I bought two of the lightest model, weighing less than one pound each.

I was on Seaside for back to back cruises with my family of 4. The closets and storage on Seaside are very limited in regular cabins as has been reported. This was a great purchase but we could only use one of them fully. The second one was limited to about 50% as there is a built in rack for pants that gets in the way. Yes, the closets are that small...

I highly recommended these!

Thanks everyone! I much appreciate your suggestions. There was a poster who just returned from Seaside that posted a great photo of his folding drawer with magnetic hook contraption and it looked genius. He was kind enough to tell me the hooks he used, but I can't find the post using the search on cruise critic.

Keep an eye out Kalsal.... If the original poster sees this he has a great picture of exactly how he set it all up. A great fix for any area that lacks storage.

I believe the previous poster was using Strongman magnetic hooks. On Amazon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

These have worked well for us:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018LF2Y9K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They hold wet swimsuits quite well, and that is our main usage (and hence we need quantity over brute strength.) They do seem solid for more weight but they are only rated at 18 pounds, so if you need a higher weight these may not right for you. For our uses these are quite sufficient and they are just over 1/2 the price per count as the 44lb hooks posted. And the blue ones we have look quite nice.

These hold well enough that I had to order another set since a couple of ours stayed on the last ship. :rolleyes:

As someone noted above, these are rated when attached to a horizontal surface (ie. ceiling), and will lose a substantial portion (1/3rd? 1/2?) of their strength when used on a wall. They are also tested on a thick steel plate, so will be weaker when used on the thin sheet metal cruise ship walls. I would take a swag that we're looking at 20-25% of the rated strength in actual usage... but only for the products where the manufacturer or seller isn't lying. :eek: That's where those 100s of Amazon reviews come in... real world feedback. If you buy at WM or some other local place, you could wind up with a 1/2 pound of holding power.