Does 18 y/o traveling with us need parental permission documentation?

L1211

My daughter's guest will be 18 at sailing in March. Does she need anything special to allow her to board with us? Yes, I need to do more homework!! We got our cruise docs yesterday, maybe answer is in there??? I've been way more interested in drink packages and specialty dining...

Along that note, we have two cabins and we had to book one parent into each cabin. We intend to put the 17 and 18 y/o together once onboard. Doesn't this reek havoc on all those reservations I've made??? Will guest services even do this for me? Suggestions? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I think I'm reading no special boarding permissions then? You guys are so awesome. Post a question, depart DFW, land at home, and have answers!! Thank you...

If 18 then the guest will have to sign the medical permission form as they are a legal adult. No permission from their parents needed.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Forums mobile app

To a certain extent ...... Our son received a concussion and we were 1,000 miles away. We were all in the US. He was 19 at the time. He was covered under our insurance. Hospital still called us to confirm treatment as he wasn't able to talk to them. Have always remembered and think it's a good idea to have. Also worked in health care for many years. Never hurts to have insurance confirmation, especially if you are covered under parents ' policy, as many young people are.

To a certain extent ...... Our son received a concussion and we were 1,000 miles away. We were all in the US. He was 19 at the time. He was covered under our insurance. Hospital still called us to confirm treatment as he wasn't able to talk to them. Have always remembered and think it's a good idea to have. Also worked in health care for many years. Never hurts to have insurance confirmation, especially if you are covered under parents ' policy, as many young people are.

Good advice. Thank you.

My daughter's guest will be 18 at sailing in March. Does she need anything special to allow her to board with us? Yes, I need to do more homework!! We got our cruise docs yesterday, maybe answer is in there??? I've been way more interested in drink packages and specialty dining...

Along that note, we have two cabins and we had to book one parent into each cabin. We intend to put the 17 and 18 y/o together once onboard. Doesn't this reek havoc on all those reservations I've made??? Will guest services even do this for me? Suggestions? Thanks!

How far apart are the two cabins?

This has been recommended many times on this board: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25377461&postcount=2