Seaside-White Party?

allpoints

I am new to MSC. What is the White Party on Seaside? Is it separate from formal night? We are in the Yacht Club/Black Card, does that make a difference?

Lots of people wearing white in the MDR.

White themed dance party on deck 16 in the evening.

Formal nights are on other nights.

I am new to MSC. What is the White Party on Seaside? Is it separate from formal night? We are in the Yacht Club/Black Card, does that make a difference?

You'll find that many in the YC tend not to dress according to the themed nights - or the formal nights, for that matter - though some will.

You'll find that many in the YC tend not to dress according to the themed nights - or the formal nights, for that matter - though some will.

I think that that may vary per cruise.

(In fact, I'm starting to get the general impression that from week to week the experiences could be completely different).

On the Divina YC B2B last year, the 'colors were on full display in the YC Le Muse restaurant. We were unprepared on week one; but got some threads for week two. I think (recall not guaranteed) we had a 70's night, a white night and an Italian night (red/green/white); table fabrics color themed also and wait staff dressed like Italian Crayola.

On the formal nights, I was totally under-dressed with really high end, long sleeve, collars and buttoned up golf casual (first cruise I didn't take my dress suits; NCL and RCCL cruises of recent were % downing so much we were over-dressed) in the YC Le Muse. Really a touch embarrassed. :o

Bringing COLORS and SUITS/DRESSES for the upcoming B2B this time. And it is totally possible WE might be over-dressed. :o :confused:

I think that that may vary per cruise.

You have a valid point, there. I find it very difficult to decided what to pack for a cruise when in YC.

The "Italian Night" has been replaced with "Mediterranean Night", with the waiters wearing pale green aprons and dickie-bows matching the runners on the tables.

You have a valid point, there. I find it very difficult to decided what to pack for a cruise when in YC.

The "Italian Night" has been replaced with "Mediterranean Night", with the waiters wearing pale green aprons and dickie-bows matching the runners on the tables.

Really. :o

I bought Italian. I'm wearing Italian. :D;p:bottle-pop:

Really. :o

I bought Italian. I'm wearing Italian. :D;p:bottle-pop:

Yeah ... I did the same when in YC on Meraviglia last June despite the fact that I was aware that the green, red and white had been replaced. The m'D and concierge - both Italians - found it amusing 'til I questioned them as to where Italy was situated.

No big thing , some will wear white while other don't but you can all enjoy the deck party.

• 3 weeks later...

Many white casual, but several went alll out with cocktail/tux...just enjoy the live music and huge crowd...last week it was about 1,200 fun folks having a blast. The 91yr old chap in wheel chair, in the congo line was a hoot!