Movement On the Epic

puglover13

Hi Everyone! I just got my room assignment today for the Epic. Turns out it is on the 11th floor all the way forward. (first inside room) Has anyone stayed all the way forward? How much does the boat move? This isn't my first cruise but I usually stay more mid. Thanks for any help!!

The ship's movement is dependent upon the seas. If the seas are rough, every stateroom will be rocking and rolling. We had a forward facing cabin on Deck 17 on the Epic (sailing from Southampton to Barcelona) and really didn't notice the movement.

Yes. Physics 101 will tell you that the higher up you are and the further from mid-ship you are will cause more movement in rough seas. We book forward-facing staterooms whenever possible.

Hi Everyone! I just got my room assignment today for the Epic. Turns out it is on the 11th floor all the way forward. (first inside room) Has anyone stayed all the way forward? How much does the boat move? This isn't my first cruise but I usually stay more mid. Thanks for any help!!

Off topic but, we were on our first cruise last Oct and we had a drink called Mango Meltdown. I would love it if you could take a picture of the description in one of the menus, so I can try to make it at home. It was on the menu at the bar at the back of the boat above the bar. I can’t remember what it was called. We were on the Pearl. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a forward facing Haven suite on Epic (I can't remember what floors those are on) for a Western Med. cruise. It was by far the most movement we've ever had on a ship. Our daughter (17 at the time) was GREEN most of the trip. She swore off cruising at that point.

A crew member told us the movement had to do with how the wind/jet stream sweeps across the sea in that area-I guess it's pretty bumpy there typically.

Off topic but, we were on our first cruise last Oct and we had a drink called Mango Meltdown. I would love it if you could take a picture of the description in one of the menus, so I can try to make it at home. It was on the menu at the bar at the back of the boat above the bar. I can’t remember what it was called. We were on the Pearl. Thanks

MANGO MELTDOWN

INGREDIENTS

1.25 OZ BRUGAL ANEJO RUM

0.5 OZ DISARONNO AMARETTO LIQUEUR

4 OZ ISLAND OASIS MANGO MIX

1 OZ ISLAND OASIS STRAWBERRY MIX TO FLOAT

GARNISH

Mint Sprig

GLASS

14 oz

METHOD

Blend all ingredients except Strawberry Mix. Pour Strawberry Mix into glass and pour blended mixture over to create lava flow effect.

MANGO MELTDOWN

INGREDIENTS

1.25 OZ BRUGAL ANEJO RUM

0.5 OZ DISARONNO AMARETTO LIQUEUR

4 OZ ISLAND OASIS MANGO MIX

1 OZ ISLAND OASIS STRAWBERRY MIX TO FLOAT

GARNISH

Mint Sprig

GLASS

14 oz

METHOD

Blend all ingredients except Strawberry Mix. Pour Strawberry Mix into glass and pour blended mixture over to create lava flow effect.

Thank you, thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums