Cost of go karts on Bliss

MyTMo777

This is a cynical point of view, but my experience with cruising is that the cruise fare really just buy you a ticket to a money grab/high pressure sales scenario. No, you don't HAVE to spend another penny, other than DSC (prepaid) and other appropriate tips for Haven people - but outside your suite, the pressure to spend is unrelenting. Spa treatments are the spa tech pushing other products & services; there are art auctions and extra-cost opportunities galore, booze is pushed hard (although with UBP that pressure is gone). There's even the "water scam" - ask for water and if you aren't careful they'll silently give you "for-cost" water out of a bottle. And of course, almost every extra-cost item has that 20% "tip" surcharge. Waiting for the gift shop to add tips :>

I have had the exact opposite experience....always clear if their was an up charge. Zero pressure...

We must, or different ships or different times. I haven't done a big boat cruise since 2011, and honestly, one of the biggest reasons was my perception as I've said. It's not that someone is in my face pressuring me personally (other than my spa experience, which made me stop getting treatments), but the constant commercials got annoying. I love my small board Tradewinds cruises, but DH won't go on them, and he asked about a big boat cruise, so we're giving it another try.

btw the water thing wasn't that they brought a sealed bottle of water to the table so you had a choice about paying and were at least aware there would be a charge - the waiters would walk around with bottled water in a bucket like is used for wine, and if you asked for water, sometimes you'd get it poured from those bottles before you could stop them, or you wouldn't even realize and that is what you would be given. This happened to me a couple of times when I asked for water like you would at any restaurant, and I had seen other CC posts around then where it happened to other cruisers--you don't realize until you get handed a bill. Hopefully it's stopped now.

Well you did use the word unrelenting. And I don’t know what to say about your water experience. If you see someone pouring water out of a bottle just say no thanks, Tap is fine. Although I cannot say that has ever happened to me. My only thought is that the waiter actually thought that’s what you wanted. Can’t imagine them trying to be that sneaky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk