***we Are Addicted To Cruising: We Have 2 More Booked!***

many cruises

Just a quick observation and question for you cruise addicts. I can understand booking two cruises. When one cruise has been completed you still have another one to anticipate. I don't really see the point in booking any more than this. Would someone please explain this to me?

Just a quick observation and question for you cruise addicts. I can understand booking two cruises. When one cruise has been completed you still have another one to anticipate. I don't really see the point in booking any more than this. Would someone please explain this to me?

Many reasons...

Price, cabin selection, availability of air when using frequent flyer miles, availability for pre/post hotel stays with points/miles, coordination with others travel with you, reserving time off from work...

It is a sickness … a GOOD sickness. Where else can you get pampered, have coffee delivered to your room and meet such wonderful, traveled people??? I have made a commitment that I will go on AT LEAST one cruise a year (we have our own business, so getting away MORE than that is chancy--as it is we kind of have to keep it to the short ones).

Ditto what PMD said. Like many others, we covet the corner aft cabins on most ships, which go quickly. Also, with rare exceptions, the cost of the cruises goes up rather than down as the date approaches, so waiting to book can often add hundreds of dollars to the price of the cruise (in exchange for tying up a couple of hundred dollars that might earn 1.5% in interest).

When we're retired, we hope to be able to do some last-minute cruising (and will sacrifice our preferred cabin locations unless somebody cancels at final payment), but for now, we have to plan well ahead.

I usually have two cruises booked, but only one per year. But I will change cabins several times which helps the addiction.

Funny thing on my upcoming cruise I booked a mini-suite, then changed to something else, changed again, and again, again, and now 8 months later I am back to the exact same mini-suite I started out with (due to a significant price drop).

I've got three booked and one in the works....I'm currently planning a trip to the Galapogos Islands....

I'll met you at the bar ManyCruises on the Sapphire Princess and we can decide where to go next!!!!

Why so many booked in advance???? Well for a couple of reasons I book early: 1) better pricing; 2) better cabin choice; 3) more time to research what to do in each port; 4) get to chat with folks on CC before we sail; 5) i get to brag about how many cruises I'm going on; 6) I get to tell my boss that I won't be in the office AGAIN; and 7) most of the time I leave my kids at home....Yippie!!!

Janine

To add to my earler post. We must go during daughter's high school Spring break, and to get a good cabin location must book as soon as possible. Also, try to use frequent flyer miles, and to get a lower mileage rate must book as soon as airline will allow.

Daughter's last cruise with us will be in 2007 and then we can go when we want, and since Spring break is usually more $$$, I am looking forward to going on more than 1 cruise a year-LOL. She better get a full ride to college-LOL

Archived