OBC and DSC

I received 200$ of OBC from NCL as a promotion when I booked and questioning if it can be use towards the DSC. From what I can see, there is misleading information about this on this forum. I've seen that since it is non-refundable OBC it CANNOT be used towards the DSC. However, I just called NCL and the rep said that it could be use towards DSC.

Can someone please share their experiences.

I received 200$ of OBC from NCL as a promotion when I booked and questioning if it can be use towards the DSC. From what I can see, there is misleading information about this on this forum. I've seen that since it is non-refundable OBC it CANNOT be used towards the DSC. However, I just called NCL and the rep said that it could be use towards DSC.

Non-refundable OBC cannot be used to pay the DSC... not sure why the rep, likely poorly trained, would tell you differently but this has been the case for many years. OBC can be used for many things but not DSC.

HTH

Non-refundable OBC cannot be used to pay the DSC... not sure why the rep, likely poorly trained, would tell you differently but this has been the case for many years. OBC can used for many things but not DSC.

HTH

Thank you! That’s what I understood from the research I did and was surprised by what the rep told me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm jealous... I have 2 days and 2 months... [emoji3]

Enjoy, use your OBC for a bottle of wine with dinner... lots of other choices though.

Go Canada!!

The last months flew by, you will be on your way soon too!

Cheers!!

[emoji1063][emoji1063][emoji1063][emoji1063]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unless things have changed in the past month non refundable OBC can not be used for DSC and it makes good sense. I would call someone else. Why the agent said that who knows. She needs to learn the company policy it sounds like or she just misunderstood you. . fefunnogteh

Non-refundable OBC cannot be used to pay the DSC... not sure why the rep, likely poorly trained, would tell you differently but this has been the case for many years. OBC can be used for many things but not DSC.

HTH

a general rule of thumb that helps me:

promotion on board credit that is given to me for free is non refundable and can not be used for DSC

purchasable on board credit you buy before your cruise is refundable and can be used for DSC

on board credit from a travel agent can get confusing, it might be a promotion or they might purchase it for you. best to contact them about it.