Cozumel ... safe?

Fnigro07

If you do more research, you will find that that 3rd ferry company (the one targeted) and that the owner was a corrupt politician from the Mainland. Several people were arrested, and with Mexican law, I would expect them all to go to prison for a long long time. Seems he paid for the bombings of his own boat as an insurance scam. Nothing more.

The other two ferry companies have been running daily, on their regular schedule since a few days after that original incident with no problems. Many many people who work on Cozumel live on the Mainland and rely on the ferry to get to and from work daily. The ferries run full every hour, back and forth, hundreds of times per month. Everyone is fine and safe.

Yes, I do have "inside" information. We are scuba divers who frequent Cozumel for vacations every year for past 18 years. We have dozens of friends who live there, Cozumel and Playa. I talk to them often. I trust THEY know what is going on.

Thank you for posting. We are bombarded with information from various sources and it is difficult to know the validity of the claims and whether there are alternative agendas. I know no one personally there whom I can ask so I appreciate you sharing what you know.

I recently read the Chinese government issued a travel warning about visiting the United States related to retaliation for trade and tariff issues. So I realize you cannot always take travel advisories at face value.

Cozumel is a very safe port. There is very little crime there. Since it is an island, there is no place to run. Husband wants to retire there. Best place to shop

Safe sailing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I'm retired now but I thought about moving there also but too many obligations here I'm not in s position to go anywhere for long.