Help with Western excursions

Daisy21015

We are on the Equinox sailing 3/10. We stop in Costa Maya, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I've only been to Cozumel. We are hoping to do some quiet beach relaxation and swim with the dolphins. I have a couple questions:

1) Which port is best to do the dolphins in? Or, would you choose the port with the least beach possibilities?

2) Looking at Yaya Beach in Costa Maya and Nachi Cocom in Cozumel - any thoughts as to the service/atmosphere of these beaches?

3) Any recommendations from those that have been to these beaches for something quiet, not too crowded, and clean bathrooms? Close to the ship is also nice but not as important.

We visited May Chan when we were in Costa Maya. I honestly think I received the most bang for my buck that I have ever had in 17 cruises. We have already re-booked for this coming summer's stop there. The place has 5 star reviews on both TripAdvisor and Google reviews. It's $59 per adult including transportation, all you can drink, a huge, delicious lunch buffet and a nice place to relax in your private, shady palapa. They had some floating loungers tethered in place out in the ocean. We sat there and the staff would come out into the water and bring you drinks.

I talked with the owner and told him he should be charging more. Also, when I contacted him to make a reservation for our upcoming trip he informed me that return visitors get a $10 discount! Holy smokes.

At least check out the web site and see if this is something that appeals to you.

Note: This area of the coast is notorious for having lots of sea grass that washes ashore. You'll find it at all local resorts. There was a dedicated team at Maya Chan that spent the whole day, raking, cleaning and hauling away grass to make the beach as pristine as possible for the guests

Hope this helps,

~Brian