Sky Suite Butlers (unpacking and packing)

ellie84

We're in the very well known to have little space m-class 6145 (an S1), but we liked the bathroom, that's why we chose it.

agree. we always try to book 6145 or 6146 on the summit. The bathroom is wonderful We never have a storage problem for a one week cruise. The closet may be smaller, but the rest of the cabin is great!

We did not use the service of our butler but we saw him many times in the corridor with a room service order for someone else and he would always smile and say if you need anything let me know. DH could not find his seapass after trying on a shirt. While he went back to the restroom to see if he drop his pass I saw our butler and again he asked if he could help us with anything...I told him DH was looking for his seapass. Our Butler was ready to go to GR and get DH a new seapass...but then DH appeared with his seapass in hand. I was impressed that the butler was ready to go get a replacement pass.

I think it depends on the cruise...some people want everything and might keep the butlers busy tending to their needs so other people are overlooked.

We used butlers for various things- never packing or unpacking. My DH and I prefer to do it ourselves. Consider it private and personal. However, our butlers with the exception of one, gave great service. Making sure that we had breakfast if we desired brought to our stateroom. Made sure we had the snacks and the wine we requested, bringing it down to our restaurant for dinner. We made dinner reservations ourselves as well as shore excursions. He/she also helped with our laundry and dry cleaning requests. We had some lights out in our suite and he made sure that we had the bulbs repaired quickly.

Always a smile- and ready to serve. Of course we rewarded our butlers with a generous tip.

Enjoy your cruise.

I can see where the butler would be a great help to you with unpacking, particularly with hanging up clothes.

For those of you who have had unsatisfactory butlers and have not complained while on the ship, that enables those butlers to continue to be unsatisfactory for the next customers. If I had a butler who behaved like some of the ones described above, I would have a word with the Suite Manager. Some people are not suited to be butlers and the sooner they are moved to something else, the better for all concerned. And it doesn't matter whether you're in a sky suite or the penthouse. I've had excellent butlers in both places.

Well said; definitely best (both for oneself and for future guests) to alert management if issues arise. We have only had one butler who was (initially) less than satisfactory. Ironically it was one of the times we had the Penthouse Suite - our very best butler experience was on our most recent cruise when we were in a Sky Suite (could not believe how friendly and attentive that butler is - we are low maintenance, but he managed to anticipate things he thought we'd enjoy and really exceeded expectations and made the experience special). The one subpar experience we had did improve dramatically after we mentioned our concerns/experience to management - ended up with good service for the remainder of the cruise. This was pre-Micahel's Club being a suite lounge; now with that perk it is even easier to give feedback to the Michael's Concierge and/or Suite Manager if an issues arrives.