Corfu and Split Questions

TruRed76

I have posted on the ports of call boards but have not had much luck with getting responses so I thought I would try here. We are going on the Spirit in April stopping at both of these ports. These are the only two I am still up in the air about.

For Split, do you think it would be possible to get over to Brac via the ferry? I know it will be too cold to swim but I want to at least walk on the beach and explore the island. Or do you think we could do it via a private boat tour? Or should we just do the palace and Trogir?

For Corfu, I have no ideas! I really wanted to explore the island from the water but it seems that boats won’t be ready for the season yet. We plan to walk around Old Town for a bit but want to get to the coast as well. Has anyone rented a car? How easy is it to navigate? We are planning on renting a car in Koper as well - would you recommend an International Driving Permit?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts! We have private tours planned at each port and feel that if we miss the boat, it’s part of the adventure so we are willing to take on a little risk :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have posted on the ports of call boards but have not had much luck with getting responses so I thought I would try here. We are going on the Spirit in April stopping at both of these ports. These are the only two I am still up in the air about.

For Split, do you think it would be possible to get over to Brac via the ferry? I know it will be too cold to swim but I want to at least walk on the beach and explore the island. Or do you think we could do it via a private boat tour? Or should we just do the palace and Trogir?

For Corfu, I have no ideas! I really wanted to explore the island from the water but it seems that boats won’t be ready for the season yet. We plan to walk around Old Town for a bit but want to get to the coast as well. Has anyone rented a car? How easy is it to navigate? We are planning on renting a car in Koper as well - would you recommend an International Driving Permit?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts! We have private tours planned at each port and feel that if we miss the boat, it’s part of the adventure so we are willing to take on a little risk :)

Hi, we are on same cruise as you! We plan to just walk around Split, and have booked the NCL excursion 4x4 Adventure for Corfu - looks like fun and adventurous. We have 2 private and 3 NCL tours on this cruise. The NCL ones can be a bit pricy but they are safer than the private ones of the same thing. My 2 cents. We have NCL's 4x4 for Malta, as well as Tuk-Tuk in Dubrovnik.

See you on board!

Looking forward to it! We will most likely walk around Split, possible take a taxi to Trogir. For Corfu, I’m leaning towards renting a car and doing our own version of the 4x4 tour.

Can you use the tuk-tuk inside the walls of Dubrovnik? A walk through the old city, a walk on the wall, and a drink at the "Hole in the Wall" bar are some of the real highlights there.

In Split, a guided walking tour is well worth it. There is so much history that you will miss if just wander on your own.