Seaside - when to book massages?

TrinaLC

We plan to book couples massage for a port day (we will stay on ship rather than tender into Cayman).

I’ve seen that some items have much better pricing if booked before sailing but I can’t seem to find that information for massages.

Also I know that some other lines advertise “sales” on port days with a leaflet left in cabin, which maybe is better pricing but probably the better time slots are taken. We would want to do around 3 or 4 pm.

Advice and suggestions please!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On board now, we purchased massages before via msc website.Went to spa as soon as we boarded at noon and booked our preferred times. Tip from xmas cruiser...yup worked for us.

Also got tour of spa thermal area...

In spa everyday and have not seen 'deals' better than pre purchase before cruise...port or sea days. Note, we liked so much we bought additional massages at book price onboard...really about same price at any resort and lower than many.

Cheers!

Thanks, that is helpful.

On the website there only seem to be spa packages, such as massage plus facial. We would like a couples massage with nothing extra. Is that available?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

The lowest price on massage is on the massage stand in the embarking hall, just before you board the ship. I bought massages with 30% off for the future massages. Once we were on board our friends wanted also massages but the price were only 20% off. We couldn't find the 30% discount anywhere on the ship. We have to get off the ship back to the embarking hall to purchase the massage package with 30% off.

That was in Hamburg with the MSC Splendida.