Cagney's appetizers

vent1020

The limits are way more than I would eat anyway. Whether or not it is enforced is another thing. Seems to matter what ship and who is in charge at the time. Originally the plan was unlimited - I was stunned to read how much people ordered. There were reports of people eating 2 specialty dinners a night (really early and really late) or ordering one of every app etc. So limits came about. I think the 1 app, 1 soup/salad, 1 entrée w/2 sides and dessert limit is fair.

On the Dawn I had the pork belly and it was the best I've had anywhere even better than Curtis Stones on Princess. I skipped a soup (which I love their soups) and had more pork belly instead. Could of had both but you can only indulge so much :).

Enjoy whatever you chose, and remember if your not happy with it get something else. They want ou to be happy.

I can't imagine wanting 2 apps, salad/soup, entree, and dessert. That's a lot of food! And trust me, I am not a light eater.

Not to mention the incredible bread. Last cruise, our first visit to Cagney's we used the platinum dinner, and it was plenty to eat. I do see people ordering a couple apps, and it does not seem to be a problem. Love their shrimp cocktail.

I can't imagine wanting 2 apps, salad/soup, entree, and dessert. That's a lot of food! And trust me, I am not a light eater.

I think the plan with us is for me to order two apps, say the pork belly(YUM) and the oysters and my wife order the crab cakes. Then we would split the three between the two of is. So, it's almost like eating 1 1/2 a piece. It's more to try different things, than stuffing our face. :halo:

Just another quick question. Is the 1 app, 1 salad, 1 entree, 2 sides, 1 dessert ONLY in the specialty restaurants with the dining package OR is that standard even in the MDR's? I assume it's only in the specialty restaurants.

It is not in the specialty restaurants, nor is it in the MDR. In the specialty, you are limited to one entree, but no other limits. In the MDR, you can order whatever you want.

Just another quick question. Is the 1 app, 1 salad, 1 entree, 2 sides, 1 dessert ONLY in the specialty restaurants with the dining package OR is that standard even in the MDR's? I assume it's only in the specialty restaurants.

I've never heard of any limits in the MDRs. In the specialty restaurants currently, some ships are telling you the above are the limits for your dining plan. You can order extra but there will be a charge. (Then sometimes they charge and sometimes they don't)

The Platinum dinners are a different story. They are only 1 app, 1entree up to $20 w/sides and 1 dessert. Again with this sometimes they charge the excess and sometimes they don't.

The only time/place where a rule similar to that applies is in the speciality restaurants, and only when using your Platinum dining benefit ('Dinner For Two At Moderno Or La Cucina', and 'Dinner For Two At Cagney's Or Le Bistro With A Bottle Of Wine') The rules are not the same for Platinum dining benefit as they are for Speciality Dining Package.

Platinum dining benefit

When using your Platinum dining benefit, the conditions state: "Benefit entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of your choice..."

Speciality Dining Package.

When dining in a speciality restaurant using a dining package, the conditions state: "Charges will apply for additional main course orders." and "...all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney's Steakhouse and Le Bistro.", but they do not limit your appetizers or desserts.

As almost everyone has pointed out, different servers, managers, and maître d's seem to make up rules about the number of courses you are entitled to more-or-less on the spot. Very occasionally it's necessary to show them the above two quotes in black and white to help them understand that your package includes 'all items listed on the menus', and that charges only apply for 'additional main course orders.'

In the MDRs: You can order what you want. No fuss.