Wait listed for dinner

landsear

We're booked on the Horizon for November. My travel agent said that both early and late dining were showing a wait list and only Your (or is it My?) Time Dining was available. He said that he believes we'll get a spot for traditional dining, but I don't quite trust everything this guy says anyways lol. Opinions on wait lists for dining?

Even though you’ve gone through a travel agent, you can still login to carnival’s cruise planner on their website and adjust certain aspects of your booking, including the dining. I changed my dining from early to anytime on my own even though I used a TA when initially booking. If you don’t trust your TA, log in and verify...

Personally I always opt for Your Time Dining now... it gives us the flexibility of eating when you want, not when they say...

But as for waitlisting, from what I've experienced you will often get the choice you want, even if you have to wait til you're onboard to do it. If they don't change your dining preference in advance, just go to the MDR at the time & location specified in the Fun Times on embarkation day and ask them to change your dining option. They almost always are able to accommodate you. But if not, YTD is not too bad a choice!

Even though you’ve gone through a travel agent, you can still login to carnival’s cruise planner on their website and adjust certain aspects of your booking, including the dining. I changed my dining from early to anytime on my own even though I used a TA when initially booking. If you don’t trust your TA, log in and verify...

Not commenting on your statement, just wanted to thank you for your Acronym in your signature! CC would be even more fun if more people remembered to THINK!!!

I do have to ask, if you don't trust the TA why did you book through them rather than booking on your own? Did they offer some awesome OBC or something?

YTD is awesome, the only difference between YTD and traditional dining, is the time. With traditional dining you have to go at a certain time and eat. If you're coming back from a port late or you want to do something earlier, you're SOL. With YTD you can go when you want between certain times. You can still get the same wait staff, sit with strangers if you want. The only difference is the flexibility.

I meant to say that I do trust him we're on the wait list, I don't know that I trust him that he knows for sure we'll get off the wait list.

I would miss having dinner with the same group of people every night, that's the mean reason we don't want to do YTD. Any pros of this that I'm missing?

I meant to say that I do trust him we're on the wait list, I don't know that I trust him that he knows for sure we'll get off the wait list.

I would miss having dinner with the same group of people every night, that's the mean reason we don't want to do YTD. Any pros of this that I'm missing?

Personally, I think most choose what best matches with their personalities and the experience they’d like to have at dinner. My husband and I just want to focus on us and enjoy our first vacay without the kids. Plus we are introverts for the most part and the thought of making small talk and/or getting stuck with someone we may not gel with, raises our anxiety level! LOL!

I asked for Early seating and was waitlisted. Had no idea if I would be able to get it, so I switched on Carnival website to YTD. 3 days later, got confirmation for early seating. This is for a December cruise. If Early seating is what you want, then go on the wait list.

Personally, I think most choose what best matches with their personalities and the experience they’d like to have at dinner. My husband and I just want to focus on us and enjoy our first vacay without the kids. Plus we are introverts for the most part and the thought of making small talk and/or getting stuck with someone we may not gel with, raises our anxiety level! LOL!

Extreme introvert here, really pushing the boundry cruising alone. That is why I select early dining, the opportunity to meet new people in a social environment instead of hiding from it. There is the anxiety level of that, but I feel it is worth the anxiety to meet new people.

Extreme introvert here, really pushing the boundry cruising alone. That is why I select early dining, the opportunity to meet new people in a social environment instead of hiding from it. There is the anxiety level of that, but I feel it is worth the anxiety to meet new people.

I can see that if I were travelling alone. I read somewhere that single cruisers can request to dine with other singles. If so, that would make it easier to find others to hang out with & go on excursions.